Shopping for a Jet boat

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips, defiantly going to be looking into this.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This one is for sale. Just pm me.

photo (39).JPG photo (41).JPG photo (40).JPG photo (43).JPG photo (42).JPG

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A Kodiak LSA is around 25K for the package. Its basically complete with bellhousing, driveline, manifolds etc... just drop in and go

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A Kodiak LSA is around 25K for the package. Its basically complete with bellhousing, driveline, manifolds etc... just drop in and go

Pending boat and motor that's being replaced in can be a pain to install.
Seen a few installed and some are not that nice.
Return fuel lines , changing to 1/2 inch supply lines, motor mounts and list goes on and on.
But motor is complete with high pressure fuel pump and as listed above .
I few months ago motor complete was right around the 20 mark but they have gone up.

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips, defiantly going to be looking into this.

Another tip for you is just run that boat the way it is and enjoy it. For where you live its a great set up.

That type of boat is not meant for speed, I had a 22 Ft TJ Rio Classic that I ran in the skeena a bit, worked great there but sucked where I live.
An LSA 6.2 would not have helped that boat. I went custom builder this time and built what I wanted.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another tip for you is just run that boat the way it is and enjoy it. For where you live its a great set up.

That type of boat is not meant for speed, I had a 22 Ft TJ Rio Classic that I ran in the skeena a bit, worked great there but sucked where I live.
An LSA 6.2 would not have helped that boat. I went custom builder this time and built what I wanted.

What degree was your rio ?

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
14 deg - the same as alot of CW Storms, the Rio is a bigger boat tho. Nice boat for big rivers.
I run a Brattjet Bulldog now with an LS3/212 combo - can almost run as shallow as the xtreeme Duty I used to have without the obnoxious buzz.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SWAT call me at the shop, I just did the swap on my custom weld storm to a 6.2 ls3 there is no gain going to a lsa in this boat. The LS3 is 15,600.00 it is just what that boat needs to wake it up DO NOT BUY MARINE POWER. Call me anytime at the shop.

Chris 780-963-0080

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with Chris, stick with Kodiak, and I think the LS3 would be a great choice. another buddy of ours has the same boat, 8 degree with plastic, it'll run as shallow as the rest of the bigger boats and the top speed is very acceptable .
Also, K45, comparing a 14 degree to a 8 or even a 10 degree isn't really apples to apples IMO. Got buddies with 8 degree CW Storms and Vipers, they'll be right beside the Bratt and Firefish boats of the same size all day. I really like the Bratt hull, runs sweet, with a little nozzle or tab the spray line goes way back if you want some speed.

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with Chris, stick with Kodiak, and I think the LS3 would be a great choice. another buddy of ours has the same boat, 8 degree with plastic, it'll run as shallow as the rest of the bigger boats and the top speed is very acceptable .
Also, K45, comparing a 14 degree to a 8 or even a 10 degree isn't really apples to apples IMO. Got buddies with 8 degree CW Storms and Vipers, they'll be right beside the Bratt and Firefish boats of the same size all day. I really like the Bratt hull, runs sweet, with a little nozzle or tab the spray line goes way back if you want some speed.

Ha, Im not comparing as I have had 2 - 8 deg boats, 1- 12 deg, 1 - 14 deg. All Im getting at is Swats boat is more than likely at least a 12 deg boat and where he lives the 350 AT combo will work just fine - like I originally said he should run it, and if he can go for a few rides in the same type-hull as he has with an LS3 - LSA combo - but be ready if he goes the LSA/LSA combo to buy expensive BC premium if he wants to use all that power. And around Smithers or terrace area premium is like gold or so they think :)

As for my reference to my Bratt boat I meant / should of said instead of upgrading engines in the TJ or getting a tougher boat bottom, it was cheaper for me to sell and build exactly what I want - For me speed is not everything(my boat is no slouch) I want to get on step instanly - I run 100% with my family with no other boats around so stuck is not an option although Im prepared ie:winch......

Last edited:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
330hp EFI Chev, with a Hamilton 212.....my wife and are very excited....if I find I need more power after I learn to drive it, I will turbo it

well that great that you are liking what you bought, nothing worse that regretting a purchase

How's the boat coming along?

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 21' storm with partial hardtop. Came with a 6.0 and a 212 with a 2.4kw turbo impeller. It was ok, but hard to get on step, cruised alright too. I switched it to a 3.4kw impeller and it was a lot better, but again not what I was looking for. This spring I had a LSA Marine Power installed, right around 530hp and 4kw impeller.......WOW! It cruises at 40mph and it doesn't drink gas like a hog....extremely impressed. It tops out at just over 50mph, for this boat I am sold on this combination. You will pay for it, but no sense going half way. I have been in a lot if these boats, and am extremely happy with this set up.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talked to Ali-craft, my boat is next to be built, they are starting it next month :d

Top Bottom