Shock rebuild near Edmonton?

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need the best of the best suspension shop in EDM - no idea what breed of shock - can't get a new one because it's from a 2000 era Cr racing m10 skid
dc0568b5459e47566ee47d4f51155fe2.jpg

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nextech or MB from what I read....

How did you make out with those 7 tooth yammy drivers?

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I second nextexh in sherwood park.
Rebuilds all.my shocks. Even for trucks !!

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This guys great. Good pricing fast service.

Attachments

• 33BC18C4-FF5F-4113-B7FB-0DB335AB673F.jpeg
    33BC18C4-FF5F-4113-B7FB-0DB335AB673F.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 341

Treerider

Reaction score
Second niner's comments on Mbsuspension! Just had all my Walker Evans clickers serviced. Great service, $$ and quick turnaround!

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx for the replies - I'm gonna be calling them tomm - I think I'm stuck running the kingcat this season - so I gotta get this shock working - the etec let go somewhere on PTO side letting antifreeze in it's had a hard life tho

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nextech for everything. Mb( Matt) does ok work, but he fu(kd me a long time ago on a rebuild on my raptor shocks so I can’t and won’t ever tell anyone to use him again, make sure you get a quote in writing is all I’ll say And the rebuild only lasted 30k on a highway truck

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Matt has always told me that if there were any issues he would take care of me. I have always known him (8ish years of shock services) to be a stand up guy and be a man of his word.

perhaps your incident was a one off?

Nextech for everything. Mb( Matt) does ok work, but he fu(kd me a long time ago on a rebuild on my raptor shocks so I can’t and won’t ever tell anyone to use him again, make sure you get a quote in writing is all I’ll say And the rebuild only lasted 30k on a highway truck

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to know - this shock is definitely a 1 off also - being from a cr racing m10 skid from like 20 yrs ago - it used to have a fox sub zero in the back of the skid that looked like it was from a 1/4 ton pick up - it weighed over 12 lbs - luckily I found a fox air that would fit - I'm gonna dig through receipts today and figure out who I got to rebuild the front skid shock last - only has 200kms on it since the rebuild - being the backup sled - leaked everything out onto my track this summer

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It's hard to say without knowing the exact details but shocks are iffy anyway. What often appears to be just a simple re-seal and oil replacement gets expensive if you need to start replacing shafts, shocks bodies or other hard parts. And then the customer asks to have it done as cheap as possible so questionable parts are put back in and the shock needs rebuilding again soon.

Raptors are known for needing frequent shock rebuilds, they work great offroad, but are very maintenance intensive just to be used a pavement princess.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had used mb for a bunch of stuff so I didn’t question anything when I dropped off the shocks for a rebuild. I had 2 sets So I told him I wasn’t in a rush. In the mean time I had talked to nextech on price for a rebuild with new shafts when MB figured it would need shafts. Curt quoted me a all in full redo price.
When I went to pick up the shocks MB suspension was $200 more per shock. he said has to pay more not being a dealer but if I could get parts cheaper he’d Credit me, a quick google search I found the parts for 1/2 the price
my fault I guess I should have got a quote before I dropped them. Then the kicker was when 8 Months later I had to get them redone 10 months later.
cant do anything about it now, just can’t recommend him

Last edited:

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had used mb for a bunch of stuff so I didn’t question anything when I dropped off the shocks for a rebuild. I had 2 sets So I told him I wasn’t in a rush. In the mean time I had talked to nextech on price for a rebuild with new shafts when MB figured it would need shafts. Curt quoted me a all in full redo price and when I went to pick up the shocks he was 200 more per shock. he said has to pay more not being a dealer but if I could get parts cheaper he’d Credit me, a quick google search I found the parts for 1/2 the price
my fault I guess I should have got a quote before I dropped them. Then the kicker was when 8 Months later I had to get them redone 10 months later.
cant do anything about it now, just can’t recommend him
Sorry - I'm confused as to which outfit sewered you

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe just buy a new shock then.
I would love to - but it's very hard to replace a very old shock with no numbers on it - no idea what actual breed it is - all I have is measurements - 13 3/4" eye to eye - 8 1/4" compressed - 7/8' lower shaft Dia - 3/8" bolt up top - call a parts desk and give em all that and see what they say - this is a FAR FROM STOCK skid!!!! From like 2000 maybe 99 I dunno - it's custom - like everything else I have

rodney1960

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would love to - but it's very hard to replace a very old shock with no numbers on it - no idea what actual breed it is - all I have is measurements - 13 3/4" eye to eye - 8 1/4" compressed - 7/8' lower shaft Dia - 3/8" bolt up top - call a parts desk and give em all that and see what they say - this is a FAR FROM STOCK skid!!!! From like 2000 maybe 99 I dunno - it's custom - like everything else I have

Not too hard at all to figure out. Just need to know colapsed and extended length and take note of what style of bushings it has.

Top Bottom