Shipping 19' toyhauler from AZ to border?

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been watching this site alot now.Mabye I wont be so quick to buy something now.

Keep in mind the only things really wrong with the trailer from Cranky Ape were tires and dead batteries. The spring hanger damage in photo above was done by the tire shop per my post above.

Auto Safety house (axle alignment shop) never gave me the before/after alignment numbers which makes me think they were actually straight. I think the weird tire wear was either from original owner or Cranky Ape overloading the hauler with extra stuff when it came from California to their lot in Arizona.

That said, my overall opinion is Cranky Ape is just this side of being a shady outfit. When I first arrived they were very stand-offish, kind of like "just get it off our lot please and don't bother us". After I was there a few hours they warmed up a bit and were more helpful.

They are simply an online auction house moving repo units, insurance writeoffs, distress sales, etc. Customer service is not part of their business. Same with buying Ebay stuff - take your chances, sometimes lucky sometimes not.

Best bet by far is look in person before you buy; or pay someone to do a proper inspection.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well at least your having a good time on vacation........... and not in another desert being shot at by binladen...........sorry for your luck manno

LOL well I wouldn't say it's been a "good time" exactly, certainly an adventure to look back on once I get through it.

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I for one would like to thank-you for the entertainment. Sorry you are having problems, but sounds like you are making the best of it.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I for one would like to thank-you for the entertainment. Sorry you are having problems, but sounds like you are making the best of it.

You're quite welcome :) aside from entertainment I write this stuff in hopes other folks can learn from my misadventures.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
keep us posted to see if you come out ahead on this deal. I realize it is unfortunate of the issues you are having and it is beyond your control.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy crap, sounds like National Lampoon's Arizona Vacation. It's maybe a good thing you went and picked it up yourself though, I'm not sure how accomodating a shipping company would have been in regards to replacing tires and such. On the flip side, you shouldn't have any worries with the trailer after this whole ordeal.

Last edited:

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya its sounds a bit like " the Terry Coulombe Law" :eek: which makes murphy's law look like a birthday present. good on you for the positive attitude...getting mad and throwing fits doesnt get things done any easier.......:cool:

Terry

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every trip is an adventure! Keep smiling and you'll get it home shortly.

Just a quick heads up for your so Canada Customs doesn't bleed you dry at the Border with all your repairs. Claim the tires, and batteries but be careful what you mention about all the repairs that were done. They might want you to pay the GST on those even if someone else payed for them. It's just like getting a gift down there, you have to claim the value when you cross. You'll be across for more than 7 days so you have a personal exemption of $750.00 to put towards your tires etc...

Drive safe!

Last edited:
Top Bottom