She's Slidey in the Purcells…be careful.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad these guys are ok. :) Two people hurt in backcountry avalanche near Golden, B.C.

Numerous slides being seen in all our riding areas. Weak layers are deep and new snow, some warmer temps are pushing the limits of what this layer can hold. Our snow pack is lower than usual, don't let that fool you. The avy danger is still there.

Ride with your Brains if you're out this way Please. :)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I am glad this turned out well. Thanks for sharing.

What does The Canadian Press/RCMP mean by this statement? RCMP received a call from the International Emergency Response Reporting Centre on Sunday indicating that an avalanche beacon had been activated.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am glad this turned out well. Thanks for sharing.

What does The Canadian Press/RCMP mean by this statement? RCMP received a call from the International Emergency Response Reporting Centre on Sunday indicating that an avalanche beacon had been activated.

Sounds like media speak for "we have no idea what we're talking about." My guess, a Spot was activated.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, SPOT was used. :) Need to educate the media a bit perhaps, bit confusing on the wording maybe?

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, SPOT was used. :) Need to educate the media a bit perhaps? lol

International Emergency Response Reporting Centre is who SPOT reports to and calls out to the local rescue folks etc.

Thanks for this update Tam, its important that we all use our heads right now. Valemount is reporting really iffy snowpacks right now too....

DTH

Reaction score
I heard some of this on the scanner late sunday afternoon. Yes it was SPOT. One person with broken leg and another with blown out knee.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to know if the Spot actually got anybody moving? Or was it like other stories I've heard where nothing happened until voice contact.

Top Bottom