shell premium

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heard a rumour today that the shell fuel here in grande prairie wasent sitting well with the etec,anyone else?

Clay911

Reaction score
Know I'm not up there but down in Hinton and Edson here I've ran shell V-Power in every thing I own with a motor. Use it exclusively and have for years. One of the very few premiums left with no ethanol in it.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No premium has ethanol in it that comes out of a Edmonton refinary. Only three that produce Shell,Esso and Petro Can and they all swap product between them. Do a search on this and you will see that this has been covered .
Costco fuel is one to do a search on in the general forums.

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shell is the only one I have noticed that posts no Ethanol on the premium pump. Others say may contain.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't usually get involved in these type of threads as people sometimes take it very personally for no reason. I know the OP wasn't about ethanol, but people mentioned it so...

If you really want to know, go buy yourself a $20-25 ethanol test kit, or make one for under $10. Google it, youtube it, whatever you wish, there is lots of info out there on testing for ethanol.

This info is taken from the Pure Gas website, I can't confirm when it was last update
Alberta: All stations dispense ethanol-free gasoline. Some also dispense E10, so check the pump.

British Columbia: all 94-octane Chevron fuel is ethanol-free. (AB Husky 94 contains ethanol)

To get ethanol free, yes it must be premium fuel. Yes they are supposed to label the pump if it contains up to a percetage of Ethanol.

What do we really know for sure?

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being as my car is a bitch when it comes to fuel (high boost) it does not like ethanol, will ping like a mofo, and I run shell prem exclusive but have ran esso and even safeway prem and never had an issue. Husky on the other hand, stay away from, if the car ran out of gas infront of a husky station, i would push it to somewhere else.

sscamaro_skwark

Reaction score
Fuel quantity & age is something one must also consider as the larger the fuel quantity the longer it takes to degrade.
Also ethanol has a slightly higher octane rating but requires fueling changes as it requires more fuel based on the quantity of air, hence the reason that E85 compatible vehicles have tuning for both, not to mention that ethanol is extremely corrosive which is not favorable for non ethanol modified/specified vehicles, & tend to have lower fuel economy.

Top Bottom