Sheep Creek or Kakwa?

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the BC side was closed to all Wheeled vehicles, no matter the time of year; due to the erosion issue caused by the tracks?

we come in from this side, did 2 SAR's last year from this side. have been on the walker in the summer and never saw any sign's of closure.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the BC side was closed to all Wheeled vehicles, no matter the time of year; due to the erosion issue caused by the tracks?

BC side is closed to all wheeled vehicles ie quads, bikes. Come Dec 1st, BC opens up the park to snowmobiles. And it is still possible to get from McBride to Kakwa via snowmobile. We have met many people that have came in from that side.

jimxp

Reaction score
i have heard the quads have rutted up the trail, but im almost positive the sleds can still come though, if ya wanted to be sure you could contact the princegeorge snowmobile club.

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kakwa is south of grande praire, down the two lakes road, all types or riding for everyone, groomed trail to the cabin at the lake and thats just the start, alberta trail pass is required, please support the local club! wicked riding area very large area so good idea to go with people who know the area.

If there is not enough people buying trail passes this year, there won't be a groomer even taken out this year. Please buy your passes!:d

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1 camp permit should have had to buy 2 trail passes.160 camp pemits =320 passess.hope everyone gets 1.any talk of collection at the trail this year?also where the $%$# is the snow..

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1 camp permit should have had to buy 2 trail passes.160 camp pemits =320 passess.hope everyone gets 1.any talk of collection at the trail this year?also where the $%$# is the snow..

Dan aka Stickman shared a lot of great funding and trail collection ideas that have been floating around at the last suds night.

I was told there is some areas/meadows you can ride before December 1st, this true?

tonykunz

Reaction score
Who does one talk to about buying an Alberta trail pass? I've used Big Mountain, and just left a cheque on my window, no one grabbed it so I guess it was a courtesy day for me.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who does one talk to about buying an Alberta trail pass? I've used Big Mountain, and just left a cheque on my window, no one grabbed it so I guess it was a courtesy day for me.

Any of the Snowmobile shops in GP are selling the passes.:)

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as of saturday got the word that their is 3 feet at the cabin was working at 136 on two lakes met two trucks heading out sledding hopefully didn't go in to b.c as they are looking for any reason to shut kakwa down keep that in mind valemount and the b.c interior is a bit of a drive to go sledding for just the weekend.

jimxp

Reaction score
sounds to me if anyone knows theres 3ft at the cabin they went early... again this year...WTF. is it because they are unaware or just stupid.

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
perhaps there should be signs at the border, or before it, that it is Illegal to sled past this point, until Jan 1

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds to me if anyone knows theres 3ft at the cabin they went early... again this year...WTF. is it because they are unaware or just stupid.

hearing and being there are two different things i know the rules apparently other people don't

jimxp

Reaction score
wasnt pointing fingers, just upsetting to hear someones in there already.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as of saturday got the word that their is 3 feet at the cabin was working at 136 on two lakes met two trucks heading out sledding hopefully didn't go in to b.c as they are looking for any reason to shut kakwa down keep that in mind valemount and the b.c interior is a bit of a drive to go sledding for just the weekend.

I know the only people that rode up to the border Fri and late Saturday, they were the only tracks. Unless someone rode Sunday, but Flatlander says "as of saturday".

2 feet of snow and the trail was skimpy getting in.

APEX320

Reaction score
perhaps there should be signs at the border, or before it, that it is Illegal to sled past this point, until Jan 1

Did they change it to Jan this year? It has been December 1st all the years I know of. I was out working on my camp this week we need ALOT more snow!!!!

Top Bottom