Settings on Timbersled Mtn Tamer rear suspension???

Sled Cop

Reaction score
I have an 2-08 MTX Nytro's and need some adive on the timbersled Mtn Tamer suspension. I put on a MCX turbo, 162 Mtn Tamer rear suspension w/ extreme track, barkbuster front end because i wanted a little more power. I love the way my stock Nytro handles but just wanted some more power. I have some crazy ski pressure going on right now. Where should I have my arms bolted on? Fox floats pressure? Limiter strap adjustment? Front shocks stiff/loose? I want this thing to handle better.

Sway bar out. yes or no?

hornydevil

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did yu install the suspension yourself or did the a dealer do it fo you? If youre doing it youre self just look at youre instalation instruction, it should tell you how to.... if that didnt help call Darren at E&S in FT Sask he can help you out. Hope that it works for you.

motorman

Reaction score
start with 90psi in front shock,130psi in rear shock,1 skinny shim on the rear arm top and bottom of slide.
i run 80psi in my front a arm floats

start with something like this and adjust to your riding style

good luck D

if you dont have the instructions,or you have any questions regarding timbersled products,give Allen a call day or night
(208) 255-5644

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you are talking about being really crapy on the trail mine has the same problem.. and i hae 80 in front floats, 80 in front on skid, and 140 ish in the rear shock...... lots o ski pressure yeah.. but keeps the front down in the steep and deep

Sled Cop

Reaction score
Darren at E&S set it up for me, but I like to play with the adjustments to my riding style and snow conditions. His set up was fine just transferred too hard, so we dropped the shock mount. I've tried anywhere from 130-150 on the rear and 90-120 on the front. Runs great on the climbs, just plows in the powder if you're going slow and carving, get on the boost and it pops out. Just curious to see what others were riding at.

I would like less ski pressure with more body roll, but also want the sled to stay on its track when climbing.

Hopefully removing the sway bar helps, might get sloppy though, not sure.

I am also setting the front shocks lower.

I keep adjusting till it works for me.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If there is too much ski pressure you should probably adjust the limiter straps, sounds like you may have them pulled up too tight. At 12-14psi boost 2 X 1/4" spacers at the bottom will still give a fairly light front end. Depending on how big you are I would run 135-150 in the rear shock and 90-100 in the front skid shock. Front ski shocks around 75, and check you ski alignment (toe)

Sled Cop

Reaction score
I'm weigh about 210 so maybe 230 are geared up.

I run 15 psi boost and have 3 shims on the bottom of the arm on the rear. I don't see why you would put any on the top side. There is two mounting positions for the front and rear shocks, I had mine set in the top but lowered them, not sure if this was a good idea or not as I really haven't been able to climb anything. It should soften things up in the rear and have better transfer through the skid. I did let the limiter strap out a bit hopefully this helps with ski pressure.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have same set up for better trail handleing i turned my bottom ball joint out one turn and top one in all the way for a little negative Camber. Seems to track straighter (this is with Barkbuster front end) 162 X 2 1/2 camo extreme ice age flat rails and 9 inch rear idlers. 3 spacers on bottom for least transfer and limiter strap tight. MCX turbo running 15psi and this thing will still come right over backwards climbing so I dont know how you guys keep the front end down. running 150 psi in rear shock and 100 in front one. I am confused about the two shock mounting positions? mine only has one. Can you explain sled cop

Sled Cop

Reaction score
There is two sets of holes drilled out on the skid were the shocks mount, so you mount the shocks in either the upper and lower set of holes. How tight do you have your limiter pulled in? I would think if you have it sucked all the way in that you would have quite a bit of ski pressure.

I have been playing with my set up for the last couple of weeks.

Right now,

I have shocks set at 110 and 145 psi shocks mounted in lower mounts.
3 shims on the bottom and none on the top.
MCX turbo with 15 psi boost
162 2.5 extreme.
bark buster front end - haven't made any real adjustments.
tried fox floats on the front but didn't like than compared to the coil stock ones - soften up the the front coil shocks.

seems to be better than before

heading to the mountains this weekend I'll see how it goes.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That top hole on stock rails is not for shock shaft dont use it or you will bend chit. I bent a shock shaft and allens first question was did I mount it in the top hole (AGAIN NOT FOR SHOCK SHAFT) I run Ice age rails and they dont even have the other hole.
My front limiter is sucked up tight. front shock is actually 1/3 compressed just sitting there. Ski pressure is brutal but when you get on the loud lever I can still pull her over backwards on steep climb. Skis are constantly 3 feet in the air. Anyway do you still have the front floats? My buddies sled is just like mine with the floats and I kind of like them. Its funny we all like different set ups i tightened up my front stock shocks LOL

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm weigh about 210 so maybe 230 are geared up.

I run 15 psi boost and have 3 shims on the bottom of the arm on the rear. I don't see why you would put any on the top side. There is two mounting positions for the front and rear shocks, I had mine set in the top but lowered them, not sure if this was a good idea or not as I really haven't been able to climb anything. It should soften things up in the rear and have better transfer through the skid. I did let the limiter strap out a bit hopefully this helps with ski pressure.
\

The shims it what controls transfer on the timbersled along with limiter try one less shim and let out limiter one.

Sled Cop

Reaction score
Yes the shims do control skid transfer but on the mtn tamer rear suspension shock mounting positions also have an effect as it all works together. I let out the limiter 2 holes which helped with ski pressure . Yes the sled will get vertical on climbs with this setting. I think if I'm doing a lot of climbing I'll suck in limiter for that, but otherwise for riding in the powder and doing minor climbs I'll leave the limiter out a bit.

Top Bottom