Series 6 deep snow 155"x 2.6" by camoplast on pro??

ProRmk800

Reaction score
Any one put the new 2.6 track off they AXYS on there PRO? Or even better has anyone rode with this setup? I don't think there a direct fit from the axys to the pro i hear that the drivers are different on both chassis is this correct? Just looking for some helpful info if this has been done and if so how much modifications were done to make it work. CHEERS!!

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate not being 100% sure but if 99% works for you the drivers are the same. The OEM 3" polaris has the different drivers. That 2.6" track is pretty rad, super light weight and the paddles are just stiff enough.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a 163 2.6 on the way for mine. The 2.6 is the same pitch as the 2.4. And it will clear the tunnel (.1" more room than a X3 with 7 tooth), but whether that much clearance is efficient or not is yet to be seen. If you don't already have a gear down like I do, swapping to this track with 7 tooth drivers would be the way to do it, it would gear you down and give plenty of tunnel clearance for efficiency stuffing snow through the front of the tunnel.

As for your questions:
The Axys uses 7 tooth 2.86 drivers, Pro 8 tooth 2.86. But the track can still be straight swapped using the stock drivers.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found my AXYS with the 2.6 x 163 trenches pretty bad compared to my 2015. I hope the track will soften up or I can dial the suspension in to fix this up.

bsoluk

Reaction score
I found the total opposite with my axys 163 2.6. It Gets up out of the snow way better then my 14 pro. If your trenching bad with the new axys check how stiff your front track is.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found my AXYS with the 2.6 x 163 trenches pretty bad compared to my 2015. I hope the track will soften up or I can dial the suspension in to fix this up.

If the 2.6 softens up half as much as the 3" does, there will be a huge difference before and after. Vanderberg's 3" was night and day different from new to after just the first day, and seeing how stiff my new 2.6 is, I'm really hoping it softens the same. As they are virtually identical other than height, I would expect it to be the case.

luomgo01

Reaction score
just question i know i can swap 7 teeth driver axys to the older pro driveshaft but for complet driveshaft it's possible to swap to the older pro someone just take off to is new sled to conversion 3" track with tki belt drive

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally got some time on my 2.6 with the suspension sorted (completely unrelated issue). Today was stock settings. HUGE difference over the 2.4. Couple big climbs where I'd have been zig zagging to get over before, now just tractors over. Stuck in a tree today (RIP bumper) and once we got the ski to the other side, just pinned it and it shot right out. I am officially a believer.
Fair warnings though, don't expect it to be magical for the first 50 miles or so, during break in it is stiff and no better than the stock. As Chris said above, first ride it liked to trench. Second note, once snow builds up in the front of the tunnel, you will hear it thumping at it a bit. Didn't seem to affect anything, just noise and not always there.

What?

just question i know i can swap 7 teeth driver axys to the older pro driveshaft but for complet driveshaft it's possible to swap to the older pro someone just take off to is new sled to conversion 3" track with tki belt drive

Last edited:

luomgo01

Reaction score
it's possible to use complet axys driveshaft already with 7teeth on pro rmk 2015

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a mint 2016 axys 2.6 163 track and 7 tooth drivers for sale if anyone is interested. Pm me.

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sold the sled actually. I bought it for my 2013 pro. Put it on with the stock drivers first. Pretty tight fit. Would put the 7 tooth drivers on if i did it again. More clearance for snow evacuation and much easier to install.

track was better than the stock 2.4. And i want a track thats good for spring riding also. The 2.6 would be my choice over a 3 inch everytime. Best for all conditions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom