Serial Number Location?

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I finally got my sled, and Im trying to get it insured right now, but the lady at that I was talking to on the phone told me that there was a 16, or 17 (I forget which one) digit serial number on the sled I had to give, her. All I found was just the 11 digit Vin number stamped into the right side of the tunnel. Is this it or is it somewhere else? Its a 1997 Summit X 670.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
So I finally got my sled, and Im trying to get it insured right now, but the lady at that I was talking to on the phone told me that there was a 16, or 17 (I forget which one) digit serial number on the sled I had to give, her. All I found was just the 11 digit Vin number stamped into the right side of the tunnel. Is this it or is it somewhere else? Its a 1997 Summit X 670.

IMHO, that's what she is looking for.....

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
imho?????????

It stands for "In My Humble Opinion"...

I went through the same thing when insuring my 98 Summit. I even went as far as to take pictures of the serial number and send them to my broker to prove that I wasn't missing any digits.

So yes the numbers stamped on the side of the tunnel are the whole serial number.

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It stands for "In My Humble Opinion"...

I went through the same thing when insuring my 98 Summit. I even went as far as to take pictures of the serial number and send them to my broker to prove that I wasn't missing any digits.

So yes the numbers stamped on the side of the tunnel are the whole serial number.

Thats what i just finished doing, gotta send em off tomorrow

thumperracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The older Ski-doo sleds all had shorter VIN numbers until 03 i believe but i could be wrong.

Top Bottom