Sept 14 !!! Lots of 900 xps for sale...........

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kind of dissapointing: no trail-width model, still a mid engine configuration, body is still wide like the commander, and it outweighs the rzr by almost 300 pounds. It may win the drag races but I'm thinking the Polaris will out handle it and do way better in whoops based on the weight alone. Until they release something with a 60" width or less with long-travel I'll be keeping my rzr s.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You think they will ever put that motor in a quad? The 1000 commander, outty or gade only makes 82 hp ?? What did they change? Gonna be few commanders going cheap if they put it in the 2014 commander.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kind of dissapointing: no trail-width model, still a mid engine configuration, body is still wide like the commander, and it outweighs the rzr by almost 300 pounds. It may win the drag races but I'm thinking the Polaris will out handle it and do way better in whoops based on the weight alone. Until they release something with a 60" width or less with long-travel I'll be keeping my rzr s.

Was VERY impressed with this machine, thought it was the RZR XP killer. Until I saw that. Still an impressive dune machine. But for mud....well, Corb Lund put it best when he said:

And motors would roar and tires would spin
We’d sink right down, down to the diff, and we’d all take turns and do it again
Till no one could move, we’d call one more friend,
Come on out here, we need you…bring your truck

Still an awesome machine, not taking anything away from it.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know what I don't get is how Yamaha got sued out of the market with the Rhino because they were dangerous, and yet, here's an arms race. Are these machines that much safer or is it just natural selection in action? (The collective "herd" has gotten smarter...)

I'm happy to see it, mind you. Just, after reading about those lawsuits a couple years ago I figured every sxs was going to just go back to being golf carts for the farm.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the rhino problem was the roll cage or lack there of. All the new ones have ROPS cages and thus the manufacture has done their due diligence.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes but you were saying the same things bout the rzr awhile back... Now look at ya go

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fail , same chassis mid engine to heavy....
For 2600 $ the rzr 900 can put out 130 hp.....

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are all too heavy. Max weight for a trail machine should under 1000lb.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes but you were saying the same things bout the rzr awhile back... Now look at ya go

Got me there. Although I still say a rhino is a great machine for its intended use. I decided to go for a sport machine after I started pushing my rhino too hard, but for a working/hunting rig they are hard to beat. I was looking forward to something all-new from BRP but all we have is a revamped commander that is too wide and too heavy for Canadian trails. I'm sure they will do well in the desert but we seem to be short on those around here.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They looked like they were going to be narrow like the original Razr. Too bad they weren't. They would be a big seller in Canada if they were!!

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fail , same chassis mid engine to heavy....
For 2600 $ the rzr 900 can put out 130 hp.....

Lots say the same about the 850 xp quads however i was pretty impressed with your setup
I think this machine may surprise many critics but time will tell

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You say it outweighs the rzr by almost 300lbs? The press release I saw says the maverick is just under 1300lbs. So by those numbers you're saying the rzr is around 1000 lbs? I actually have no idea what the rzr weighs but that just seems kinda low is all. What is the weight on a rzr?

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You say it outweighs the rzr by almost 300lbs? The press release I saw says the maverick is just under 1300lbs. So by those numbers you're saying the rzr is around 1000 lbs? I actually have no idea what the rzr weighs but that just seems kinda low is all. What is the weight on a rzr?

dry weight of the razor xp is 1190 according to their website.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dry weight of the razor xp is 1190 according to their website.

Pretty sure muffin man has an 800 not the 900 xp but regardless they all too heavy. When they make one under1000lbs I will buy one and by then I will be too old to quad anyway. LOL

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
weight vs durability. tough nut to crack. lots of other lighter materials out there for all kinds of components but with that comes cost. chromoly is a great substitute but is more expensive, plus fatigues sooner from flex than mild steel. light seems to work well on snow but not so well on dirt! whoever can design light yet durable for the hp they make will surely be the clear winner.

Top Bottom