Selling snowcheck sled - what can happen?

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I was willing to sell my snowchecked X with 3 year warranty, what are the details I need to know, considering that it isn't ready for delivery yet? I know if I complete the transaction I'll be paying PST and GST on it, and then if I turn around and sell it the buyer will have to pay PST on transaction price minus $3k, and I don't know what happens to warranty. Can I instead tell the buyer, hey, give me ___ cash and I'll have the salesman put your name on the invoice and then the buyer completes the transaction and it is in his name with 3 year warranty?

I'm seeing big prices on brand new X's and small prices on 2012 Pros and it has me thinking...

-Adam

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen ad's for guys wanting to buy '13 XM snowchecks but basically they are just giving you your $500 back to get their name on the registration before it gets sent in to Doo.
I'm sure if someone wanted it bad enough they would pay you a little extra.......
And that is likely only if the dealer will let you transfer it. Some may just say no, you forfeit the $500 and lose the snow check and then they get someone else on a wait list to pay full price.

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just buy it then turn around and sell it for what you payed for it, I'm sure someone wants that sled. My dealer says the warranty is transferable no problem.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, I hope your sure this is what you wanna do, gonna suck when your gettin thrashed by bigger guys on XM's

Thegeneral

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just buy it then turn around and sell it for what you payed for it, I'm sure someone wants that sled. My dealer says the warranty is transferable no problem.

m8, the point is to pocket the $2k that apparently some people are willing to pay for them above the snowcheck price.

S.Now

Reaction score
Just did this exact thing. Picked up my 2013 XM today.. Was a pretty straight forward process, the snowcheck-er called the dealer, told him he wanted to transfer it into my name, I called the dealer, gave my $500 deposit, they then reimbursed the SnowCheck-er, and baddaboom, 2013 Summit X with 3 year Bumper-To-Bumper is now in my garage!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Just did this exact thing. Picked up my 2013 XM today.. Was a pretty straight forward process, the snowcheck-er called the dealer, told him he wanted to transfer it into my name, I called the dealer, gave my $500 deposit, they then reimbursed the SnowCheck-er, and baddaboom, 2013 Summit X with 3 year Bumper-To-Bumper is now in my garage!

Good luck story………………..Nice!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any retard that is willing to pay an extra 2000$ for a snow checked Xm should give their head a shake. There will be all kinds sitting at dealerships soon as I'm sure there will be people who's finances may not be too well. It's easy to throw down 500$ in the spring but when it comes down to paying for it in full lots if guys back out

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Any retard that is willing to pay an extra 2000$ for a snow checked Xm should give their head a shake. There will be all kinds sitting at dealerships soon as I'm sure there will be people who's finances may not be too well. It's easy to throw down 500$ in the spring but when it comes down to paying for it in full lots if guys back out

..... As long as you think so...........

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You won't find an extra x. Even the backed out ones are spoken for. But ya no one is going to pay an extra 2000. No way

There's a few out there. Had one lined up in Wetaskiwin 2 weeks ago when I thought mine wasn't going to show up in time. Just have to be in the right place at the right time I guess.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better hurry if you want an XM period. My dealer is on there last 5 or 6. Talked to a couple other southern Alberta dealers today and they are saying the same.

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy that has a 153 Xm and wishes he would have got the 163 instead and would like to trade if anyone is in the reverse predicament.

Top Bottom