security

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would it be okay to leave a loaded shot gun, laying against a trailer door. would a guy get a fine if the gun accidently discharged as it fell when the thief opened the trailer door. would it still be accidental if the trigger was wired to the door. hmm the possibilities.

friggin thieves

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would it be okay to leave a loaded shot gun, laying against a trailer door. would a guy get a fine if the gun accidently discharged as it fell when the thief opened the trailer door. would it still be accidental if the trigger was wired to the door. hmm the possibilities.

friggin thieves

This goes with puting blast wire around the back window of your pick-up. If you dont pull off the 9volt battery before you try to turn the key... you get the picture, the other guy gets the window

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Gonna train the boy to shoot....

Aint a jury out there that'll convict an 8 year old......

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haven't heard any results from the guy in bashaw, that took a few pot shots at 3 thieves last year. heard the thieves got a real tongue lashing not much else. the guy west of rocky seemed to get a pat on the back for shooting a thief in the leg. maybe just a few shots, not that many, you no, just to scare them a little.
maybe have a few timmies for those that show up to see if you have insurance etc.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm it wasnt my gun officer must be his, crappy luck on his part :)

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
polar-bear-workout_001.jpg

baby-polar-bear-1.jpg

tranquillicer

Reaction score
Seems like most attempts at "frontier justice" end up with the criminal code charges going to the guy trying to protect his properties.
Look what happened to the poor smuck in Toronto that tied up the theif and threw him in a van till cops showed up(6 frickin hrs later). He was charged with "unlawfull confinement". It was a known theif that he had video of stealing from him for the second time in less than an hour. He got off on the charges but likely spent thousands for the lawyer. The theif wasn't in court for trial cause he was in jail for some subsequent thefts after release from the ones in question. Same merchant catches a women stealing from him and again holds her till cops show up but refuses to press charges because he's too frickin scared to go down that road again. Imagine what you would be going through if someone was actually hurt or killed if a set up like your talking about was discharged!!!!!!
Hide an isolator switch some where in your cab so the rig has no power. A theif won't mess around with things that don't go smoothly and even though they may get in your trailer and steal some small crap at least they won't get the truck,trailer and contents.
My sister lost a vehicle parked in front of her hotel lobby under a security light and the cops told her that the average onlooker would never know the difference between a good theif and an owner getting into the vehicle. If they couldn't tstart it how ever, they would just move on

waka

Reaction score
Hey would anyone be interested in a small GPS tracking unit for their sleds, trailers, vehicles or wives/husbands? It only transmits one way, but it works very well and is small enough not to take hardly any space in your unit.. You track it online, smart phone with Internet access.

I am working on this biz and wonder if there are any interested people out there.

Drop me a line, and I will start it up. There would be a monthly subscription required, but it should be nominal. Worth it if we can catch a bunch of the theives before they even knew they were traced.

Waka

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like most attempts at "frontier justice" end up with the criminal code charges going to the guy trying to protect his properties.
Look what happened to the poor smuck in Toronto that tied up the theif and threw him in a van till cops showed up(6 frickin hrs later). He was charged with "unlawfull confinement". It was a known theif that he had video of stealing from him for the second time in less than an hour. He got off on the charges but likely spent thousands for the lawyer. The theif wasn't in court for trial cause he was in jail for some subsequent thefts after release from the ones in question. Same merchant catches a women stealing from him and again holds her till cops show up but refuses to press charges because he's too frickin scared to go down that road again. Imagine what you would be going through if someone was actually hurt or killed if a set up like your talking about was discharged!!!!!!
Hide an isolator switch some where in your cab so the rig has no power. A theif won't mess around with things that don't go smoothly and even though they may get in your trailer and steal some small crap at least they won't get the truck,trailer and contents.
My sister lost a vehicle parked in front of her hotel lobby under a security light and the cops told her that the average onlooker would never know the difference between a good theif and an owner getting into the vehicle. If they couldn't tstart it how ever, they would just move on

yeah, i'm with you, only it just never stops. we need some sort of deterrent. heard if you put a dead maggpie on the fence post the rest will stay away. will it work for thieves?:beer:

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:rant:There is no doubt the system is broken:realmad:.....:confused: I wonder what it is going to take to fix it:confused:?

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
little off topic...

what happen to the farming somewhere in central AB that shot a theif trying to steal a quad i believe. did he get acquitted?

kudos to him for some old skool justice :)

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My children fear me....... I'm doing my part...

Ditto , but when i am driving and these kids walk out on the street thinking you wont hit them. I get annoyed, i want to follow them home and beat the parents.
I say get rid of the child protection act, put the stap back in school and beating your kids with an open hand is ok. Take me back to the 80's when adults rules the roost and children did as they were told or payed

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I told the kids to call social services just for fun and see how long it would take them to get here.......:eek:

Top Bottom