secondary questions

boots1031

Reaction score
I've rode summits most of my life until I switched over to my 2013 pro rmk last year.. im still learning how to work on these clutches, and could use help with the secondary.. first do I need a compressor to change the helix?? or it only needed to swap springs? second why with the team rapid reaction secondary it there 3 numbers for angles? just from looking at the exploded view of the clutch I only see 2 rollers, and im guessing that the last number is a different angle you can change to by rotating the helix 90 degrees.. is this assumption correct?? also im running in low elevation 0-3000ft..what angles are people having good luck with?

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't need a compressor to remove the helix. Remove clutch (pay attention to the shaft washers), and you will see helix on the back side. There are 4 screws that hold it in. Remove the 4 screws and twist the helix out. No worries, the spring won't be touched at this point. You'll see it once helix has been removed.
Numbers on helix 1-2-3....... 1 is the initial ramp degree, 2 is the final angle, and 3 is length in inches of #1.
What you have is what you get, you can't alter it.
And sorry, can't help you on a good angle to use other than stock.

boots1031

Reaction score
k thanks.. its just a lot different from the secondary clutches ive worked on where u had to compress it first pull out the snap ring or half circle keys and release tension and good to go.. just didn't feel like eating a helix when I take it apart

Big_Guy

Reaction score
k thanks.. its just a lot different from the secondary clutches ive worked on where u had to compress it first pull out the snap ring or half circle keys and release tension and good to go.. just didn't feel like eating a helix when I take it apart
Might have to heat the bolts on the back of the helix the lock tight can be difficult sometimes

Top Bottom