Secondary Clutch Spring Change (650i)

Jonesin'

Reaction score
OK, I have a maroon spring for my BF 650i and the spring compresser. Any other tips or helpful hints on how to change the secondary spring.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you sure that maroon is a secondary spring? Most put in the maroon primary to get a bit more bottom end snap. It doesn't require the spring compressor to change the primary spring.

Jonesin'

Reaction score
Oh Crap, boy do I ever feel stupid. Your Right! Well I got the right part and I also have a tool I don't need.....but you can never have to many tools. Thanks for pointing out my screw-up. Do you know if I am going to need a clutch puller to replace the primary spring?

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh Crap, boy do I ever feel stupid. Your Right! Well I got the right part and I also have a tool I don't need.....but you can never have to many tools. Thanks for pointing out my screw-up. Do you know if I am going to need a clutch puller to replace the primary spring?

To change the primary you shouldn't need any special tools. I didn't do mine as i was getting other work done and they only charged me 20 minutes labor to install it but everything I have heard is basic tools and about a half an hour are all that is needed to get the job done.

Top Bottom