secondary clutch sliders

inkstreme_05

Reaction score
hey i got a 2001 polaris 700 xc sp i wore my button sliders down to the metal on my secondary clutch and scratched up the metal pretty good would it still work if i got the buttons out and put new ones in? the helix is pretty scratched up too but doesnt look like it shaved it enough to take any degrees away if that makes any sense. some help would be awesome. oh just wanted to let Gary know if he reads this that this is Chris. Kims son. LOL i guess i could just call you but thats no fun. haha:D If not anyone got a complete secondary for sale that will work? Thanks!

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots on snowest and ebay. Got any pics?

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to sound rude but through that stock clutch in the bushes and put a TEAM secondary on.:D

inkstreme_05

Reaction score
Yeh i was told to do that but i have driven the new cats a crossfire 8 and a m1000 and i dont like the response in them. Dont seem to snap as quick as mine does. im no professional on clutches what so ever but im thinking its b/c of the roller clutch. Like on mine when i punch it half throttle its skis off the ground and im gone. And them cats are way different dont seem to do that. just another question. Will a secondary off a 1996 ZRT fit on my polaris? i was told it will as long as it is the same diameter.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aslong as the shaft size is the same and the outer diameter of the clutch is the same YES it should work with some tuning. And I would have to say if your clutch is stock and it works better than a roller then the peeps who set up the roller are doing something VERY WRONG. That was the idea behind using rollers verses the old teflon pucks was that they would shift way FASTER and give much quicker RESPONSE.

My Two Cents:D

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The clutches on the new cats can be tuned better than the stock setup, then there is no comparision between sliders and rollers.

Team secondary is the way to go if new is in the budget, but somehow I think you want to put those $$ in the Camero. LOL

Next up grade for your mothers Scrambler is a Team secondary.

inkstreme_05

Reaction score
Can anyone explain why the sled shifted perfectly fine and was very responsive even when there were no buttons left and i was riding on the helix? Only reason i knew something was wrong was b/c i went through 2 belts in 30mins. of riding. Oh well hey only $100 a belt!:realmad:

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone explain why the sled shifted perfectly fine and was very responsive ...

Shifting would not have been fine. Upshift would have been lazy resulting in very responsive short busts of throttle. Having a crisper than normal throttle response with slower upshift is a sign the buttons or bushings are wore out.

Another sign would have been at WOT the RPMs would have been through the power band with slightly slower speed.

If the machine is running too well, usually you'll find its too lean or you have a clutch problem.

Top Bottom