Seat and risers

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need a Boss seat and risers for my 2000 summit. Who has the best prices and stock on these in Edmonton?? If the seat has to be ordered I will have to do it this week as I am gone for two weeks and want the seat when I get back.

Need to do risers too. I bought a powermadd 3" riser and tried to put it on but need to extend everything. So if I have to do that I might as well do the proper height for standing comfortably. Saw a nice setup a guy had on the trailer at ministik today. Post conversion with rev risers and bars. Wish he was around I would asked to sit on it and ask about it. Again where is the best place to get set up (have stock and cheapest).

After this is done then next is to do my shocks. They really suck in the whooped sections.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boss seats have really gone downhill since moving construction to china....I think Dusty at snowmobile recyclers said he had a american made on there.

If not, WRP Mountain Assault is the only way to go, you can pick your seat rise, 3" - 4"

here's a pick of mine on a 2001 800 RMK, the optional storage bag holds a ton of stuff.

my $0.02

Attachments

• IMAGE_056.jpg
    IMAGE_056.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 292
  • IMAGE_059.jpg
    IMAGE_059.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 280

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now I remember. I did check out their site and they dont have one listed for the zx chasis. Only the REV.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Need to do risers too. I bought a powermadd 3" riser and tried to put it on but need to extend everything."

Powermadd risers won't work because of the narrow clamping area on the stock handlebars. If you want to keep stock handlebars and controls get the RSI pivoting risers along with the offset clamp adapters. You will also need the steering post pivot adapter. May be a bit pricey but nice stuff.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The riser block I bought just goes between the post and the clamps. Will work ok but the cables were too short. I was alos looking at the arctic cat mountain bars from around the 2003 range. They look like they would be in a good position for me and I could use the powermadd block for a little extra height if needed. Looks like I can get the bars for about 60 bucks too.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the Rev bar and riser combination on my old Summit. The new parts from Bombi was just under $400. It does make a world of difference, though.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What did you use for parts? Looks like there are extended thottle cables and not a powermadd setup. What about the stop switch etc?

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What did you use for parts? Looks like there are extended thottle cables and not a powermadd setup. What about the stop switch etc?

I had previously lenghtened the wiring exept for the headlight. It had a longer brake line from a 440, I believe. The throttle cable is the stock one and it is just long enough to work. I had a PowerMadd extension for the throttle and was not happy with it. Tried 10 inch riser on it and trust me it did not work at all. I could not turn it to save my life. Hope this helps.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did a quick run today with the new risers and seat. SOOOOOOO much better. The snow is pretty rough but the seat helped out. It is nice being able to stand up too. Now I just have to remove my swaybar.

Top Bottom