Scary! I might start wearing my tether a little more.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it is a repost but still friken insane. I guess the guys forearm was broken as well as 70% of his back burnt. Not something I want to experience.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
That guys is so lucky!! I used to be one that did not wear my tether but as soon as the e-tec came out I now wear it always...no excuse not to wear it.that guy would have been toast if his friend did not get there so fast! Glad he was okay, sort of!!!

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After watching a few similar vids to this and hearing horror stories and seeing a couple runaways I always wear my tether. Even trail riding or ditch banging. You just never know

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is kinda stupid polaris does not provide tethers stock. I did install one on my mountain sled. Tempted to put one on the ditch banger. Funny how my 1992 thru 1996 xcrs came with them.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really surprised DOT or some safety organization hasn't petitioned/mandated the sled manufacturers to put tethers on. Yah it's up to us to wear them but same thing with seatbelts in your truck.

And they should all come with a wrist strap, those stupid spring clips that came with my aftermarket tethers are a pain to hook onto my jacket so half the time I wouldn't use it. Changed to a velcro wrist strap and always put it on now.

sled-fiend

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.raintek.ca
And they should all come with a wrist strap, those stupid spring clips that came with my aftermarket tethers are a pain to hook onto my jacket so half the time I wouldn't use it. Changed to a velcro wrist strap and always put it on now.

I put a carabiner clip on the end of my tether and a zap strap looped on my jacket. Makes clipping the tether on a cinch even when fully geared/gloved up:)

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That guy is lucky!!!!
My tether was the first mod I put on my sled. All sleds should come with them stock. I made a 12" extension for mine with a buckle on it. Makes it really easy to clip on and off, plus the extra 12" is enough that it doesn't get caught up on the bars. I have a company producing them for us at HTR now. If anyone wants one just drop me an email and I'll send one out :)
htrdesigns@telus.net

Last edited:

Pwdrh0r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SO lucky. And the sled was onyl like 1/4 throttle... Couldnt imagine full throttle.. Nasty

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Really surprised DOT or some safety organization hasn't petitioned/mandated the sled manufacturers to put tethers on. Yah it's up to us to wear them but same thing with seatbelts in your truck.

Just loop the clip back on the cord and voila your own wrist strap that holds tight...

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy moly that would suck !! That will motivate me to wear my teather for sure! I use a little carabiner on my cord and it works good even with gloves on

Sent from my iPhone using

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It blow's my mind that ALL sled's don't come factory with tethers.I agree that it's up to the
consumer to wear them,but that's no excuse for the company that made the machine.
I assume it was an accounting decision ?What other rational excuse could there be?
1970's tech. would add $2 to the price of a machine,and save lives and limbs.

I have been guilty in the past of not wearing my tether( it was on so tight it would break my
wrist before it would "pop off" .Bought a new cord afew day's ago,now I have no excuse not
to wear it.

Top Bottom