scales

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually I had checked into that... And you might be suprized how little

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The scales at the broadmoar truck stops charge, but like mentioned before you can re-weigh AND they are certified accurate. ( plus you get a trading card that you can put on the front wheel of your bike) 😊 Some self weighs don't see much for maintenance you roll onto the pad and there is 4" of ice build up on it, or before you roll onto the pad it's already registering a couple hundred kg's.
Acheson, you need friggin binoculars to see the display screen from the pad, I think my phone screen is bigger than that display screen

Sent from my iPad

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just get into an accident with a 2500 and 43ft trailer at 30000 and see how much insurance you will have. ZIP

Did you not see? It was FredW. No further comment required :)

Oh and...

Q - If my vehicle exceeds the GVWR and it becomes involved in an accident, will this affect my insurance coverage?

A - Your insurance coverage will not be affected. However, if the overweight problem contributed to the accident you could be found partially or totally responsible for the accident. This could result in an increase to your future premiums. If your vehicle's optional coverage has been purchased from a private insurer, you should check to find out the policies of that insurer in terms of coverage. Police may also ticket you for operating an overweight vehicle.

Last edited:

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
petro can 118ave and 149st i believe....has scale free with petro card just swipe. Petro in nisku has a scale, just east of city on #16 is freebie, road king has pay scale, flyn j is $10, free scale at hiway 16 & #60,

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The scales at the broadmoar truck stops charge, but like mentioned before you can re-weigh AND they are certified accurate. ( plus you get a trading card that you can put on the front wheel of your bike)  Some self weighs don't see much for maintenance you roll onto the pad and there is 4" of ice build up on it, or before you roll onto the pad it's already registering a couple hundred kg's.
Acheson, you need friggin binoculars to see the display screen from the pad, I think my phone screen is bigger than that display screen

Sent from my iPad

most scales have a button to zero it. Or you can just do the basic math and subtract what the original weight with nothing on the scale was from your total.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you not see? It was FredW. No further comment required :)

Oh and...

Q - If my vehicle exceeds the GVWR and it becomes involved in an accident, will this affect my insurance coverage?

A - Your insurance coverage will not be affected. However, if the overweight problem contributed to the accident you could be found partially or totally responsible for the accident. This could result in an increase to your future premiums. If your vehicle's optional coverage has been purchased from a private insurer, you should check to find out the policies of that insurer in terms of coverage. Police may also ticket you for operating an overweight vehicle.

I believe it would be all in the drivers insurance policy "wording" to whether or not they are covered.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where do you guys weigh your rigs? im in sherwood park i notice one at flying J but looks like you might have to have a membership or something didnt really check it out. i also know of one on highway 16 after edson but it also says for commercial use only. i dont mind paying but is there any others close to edmonton/sherwood park.

I use the one before Edson heading west. No issues. I wouldn't pull in if the lights are flashing tho! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom