SC apex low boost fuel numbers

ridehard1212

Reaction score
Have a buddy with a 07 apex, 162... He is running 5lbs boost with I/C, vortech blow off valve, and cold air intake.. runs fine on 1/4 throttle, but then falls flat on face (too much fuel) Hoping that someone on here has some starting numbers for 5lbs boost on GEMS box... Should note that we will be riding mostly around 4-5500 ft..

Thanks in advance

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a buddy with a 07 apex, 162... He is running 5lbs boost with I/C, vortech blow off valve, and cold air intake.. runs fine on 1/4 throttle, but then falls flat on face (too much fuel) Hoping that someone on here has some starting numbers for 5lbs boost on GEMS box... Should note that we will be riding mostly around 4-5500 ft..

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE ) I've got a 07 apex also witth a s/c and I have the sheet for the gems , do u have a fax machine and I can send u the paper. Giving u the numbers isn't the only thing u need, you also need to make sure you are matching the numbers to the colour of each stage. Had the same thing happen to me until I found out how to use it and your altitude setting is real important because if it's not set right the gems will not work at all.

ridehard1212

Reaction score
that would be great.. i have not idea how the gems as its not my sled.. plus i am somewhat color blind so the gems would be a horrible box for me!!! fax # is 604 576 5734... put attention Brandon... I will talk to my buddy and make sure he understands what you are saying about matching numbers to colour of ea stage.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that would be great.. i have not idea how the gems as its not my sled.. plus i am somewhat color blind so the gems would be a horrible box for me!!! fax # is 604 576 5734... put attention Brandon... I will talk to my buddy and make sure he understands what you are saying about matching numbers to colour of ea stage.
sent the page with the information u will need one thing I forgot is that stage 3 and 4 should be close to each other like stage 3 (3.5) stage 4 should be (4.5 ) . I usualy ride at 6000 Ft plus so my numbers are at .5,5,3.5,4.5,3,and 3 , I first set my primary clutch to rev out at 10,000 to 10,800 just under the rev limiter at 2000 ft . This I did by adding weight to the primary, then I bought a shockwave for my secondary and I set it at 45 degrees for 2000 ft reving out at 10,000 to 10,800. When I get up the hill I would then set the gems and then set the shockwave to 43 degrees. This is the settings I have each sled is different and once I have the shockwave set I leave it their until I want to ride at home which is at 2000 ft . The only thing I do which I don't is needed is I reset the stage 3 back up to 5 half way down the hill because I don't want to lean the sled out coming down and I don't come down or up like a rocket until the sled is set because it will fall on it's face until then. I found when I went up the hill with the lower seting the sled would start to fall on it's face when the sled isn't set up right but when it does wow. The only thing i'm finding is the track spins forever need a new one, if u have any questions u can call me at 780 918 7846 good luck.

ridehard1212

Reaction score
thanks.. and get urself a 162x2.5 CE from curtis at tracks canada.. guys great to deal with.

Top Bottom