Saw a funny ad on kijiji today...

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I was browsing kijiji today cause i'm looking for some sled parts and what do I see? My old sled for sale! That I just sold about two months ago, asking $2300 more then I sold it for LOL! I couldn't believe he thinks he's gonna sell it for that much, people ain't stupid :rolleyes: I had it for sale for 4 months, on mulitple forums for a lot less, ain't a chance in hell someone will pay close to that.

Here is the link incase anyone is wondering, the guy didn't know what a carbed sled was, it is pretty scary, I think the ad shows how little he knows. And "good condition" sled is far from perfect, i'd say it's fair or poor. I hope he looses lots trying to flip it :d Because he's flat out just trying to rip someone off....didn't get a good vibe from him at all, but he had cash so o well :p

2004 Arctic Cat King Cat sled, Snowmobile, Great condition! - Edmonton Snowmobiles For Sale - Kijiji Edmonton

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
HELL.... you sold that thing for $3500!!!!!!!!

I bought the wife a 1999 summit 670X last year for 3K....I'm usually pretty good at hunting out really good bargains...guess I didn't do so well on that one....:(

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haaa thats funny i just offered him $3400 see what he says :d:d

Hah. I actually got $3600 for it but included my shovel and sled dollies, so basicly $3500. I just hope he doesn't rip someone off, who doesn't know a lot. I was really straight up and honest and showed him all the damage, and told him the speedo doesn't work so I really don't know the real miles. The sled hasen't had a easy life. But I bet he won't tell any new buyer that....

I think i'm to honest though, I bought it with the speedo not working and didn't notice when I bought it, and drove 10 hours to find it in a lot worse shape then I was told :mad:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HELL.... you sold that thing for $3500!!!!!!!!

I bought the wife a 1999 summit 670X last year for 3K....I'm usually pretty good at hunting out really good bargains...guess I didn't do so well on that one....:(

King Cat's are STUPID cheap, no one wants them, they are very old technology, hard to believe it is actually an 04. And sled prices have dropped so much this year. Last year it would probably of fetched $4500.

But here's a list of the damage to the sled. Cracked windshield, no snow flap, exhaust dented bad, shock tower exhaust melted the right side belly pan pretty badly, the front bumper got ripped off and tore the belly pan bolts right off, and broke the skid plate, so it is not strong at all, the hood latch also ripped off and cracked the hood real bad. OD says 11xx miles, but I put over probably 250 on it, i'd bet the guy who sold it to me put a decent amount after the speedo broke, but who knows.

I showed/told him all of this, and he used it as good leverage to lower the price (which I can understand) but if someone doesn't look it over well they could miss a lot of things.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
That makes me feel a little better because the wifes is MINT and only has 1500 miles

King Cat's are STUPID cheap, no one wants them, they are very old technology, hard to believe it is actually an 04. And sled prices have dropped so much this year. Last year it would probably of fetched $4500.

But here's a list of the damage to the sled. Cracked windshield, no snow flap, exhaust dented bad, shock tower exhaust melted the right side belly pan pretty badly, the front bumper got ripped off and tore the belly pan bolts right off, and broke the skid plate, so it is not strong at all. OD says 11xx miles, but I put over probably 250 on it, i'd bet the guy who sold it to me put a decent amount after the speedo broke, but who knows.

I showed/told him all of this, and he used it as good leverage to lower the price (which I can understand) but if someone doesn't look it over well they could miss a lot of things.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That makes me feel a little better because the wifes is MINT and only has 1500 miles

Yea, I had it for sale for forever and although it ran good it was so rough, if I waited till snow maybe a bit more but not much. I got a smoking deal on my new RT 1000 anyway, for the extra $1,500 I am 1000x happier with the RT. For last year I think you got a decent deal.

And it is a carbed sled. Although it has an altitude compensator. I am just worried about someone buying it not knowing anything and trying to run it without checking plugs. Because if it was warm local riding, you could seize the motor pretty dang quick, because it ain't jetted for here, and he doesn't have a clue what a jet is......

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!
You probably could have got a bunch more money if you tried selling it when there was snow... you know that prices take a big hit when you try to sell stuff off season!!!

PS. Don't hate the playa... hate the game!
PSS. Thanks for the great summer price on a 03 800 HO...

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hah. I actually got $3600 for it but included my shovel and sled dollies, so basicly $3500. I just hope he doesn't rip someone off, who doesn't know a lot. I was really straight up and honest and showed him all the damage, and told him the speedo doesn't work so I really don't know the real miles. The sled hasen't had a easy life. But I bet he won't tell any new buyer that....

I think i'm to honest though, I bought it with the speedo not working and didn't notice when I bought it, and drove 10 hours to find it in a lot worse shape then I was told :mad:

You did the right thing. I believe that someone has a moral responsibility to advise of the true condition of a machine they sell to another private person. If you want to dump a crappy machine without a lot of disclosure as to the condition, sell it at an auction, as you aren't usually required to advise as to the condition, and if I buy something at an auction, I take my chances. I don't think it's right to screw someone over. Unfortunately, there are a majority of people out there that that don't feel the same, but at least you have some integrity.:)

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always though prices varied a lot but they don't seem to. Want to take a guess what I payed for that sled in oct of the previous year? I did pretty good. And the thing is I got a smoking deal on my new sled so it evens out. Plus it gives me time to look it over. I only lost lots on the king because I replaced all the driveshaft and jackshaft bearings, broke a chain and the fron bumper got smashed towing it out. I had 3600 us into it after all fees and duty. Yea its Bern to long for jets, but I know last ride it wad running leanand I pulled the atacc and just jetted it, and when I sold it was back to baseline, so you'd have to watch it for sure.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe the fellow found out what kind of damage the sled had? maybe trying to recoup his cash, ask high and you are able to go lower.
the sled will sell for what it's worth to the buyer, no need to belittle the guy.

besides no one buys Arctic Cats, unless they need a boat anchor:)
we put cat stickers on our trailer and now we never have to lock it up anymore:)

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe the fellow found out what kind of damage the sled had? maybe trying to recoup his cash, ask high and you are able to go lower.
the sled will sell for what it's worth to the buyer, no need to belittle the guy.

besides no one buys Arctic Cats, unless they need a boat anchor:)
we put cat stickers on our trailer and now we never have to lock it up anymore:)

I showed him all the damage and he though then it was in bad shape. And that picture is for sure of the day I dropped the sled off at his place. And funny how it turns into great condition now that he's the seller? :rolleyes: I don't really care, but I know he is trying to rip someone off.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I showed him all the damage and he though then it was in bad shape. And that picture is for sure of the day I dropped the sled off at his place. And funny how it turns into great condition now that he's the seller? :rolleyes: I don't really care, but I know he is trying to rip someone off.

so is that u on the sled smiling at taking his cash or him after the deal.....just wondering......lol just trying to keep it light

Terry

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so is that u on the sled smiling at taking his cash or him after the deal.....just wondering......lol just trying to keep it light

Terry

Nope, that would be him, just know it was taken the day I dropped off the sled because there is exactly were it was when I dropped it off. I don't see why anyone would use a picture of themselves on a sled like that to sell it. I am fine with the money I got from it, no sad feelings if he gets more then he payed. I just wouldn't like knowing someone else got ripped off.

Top Bottom