sagging rear suspension

t-ravm7

Reaction score
i have a couple hundred k on my 14 x with the 163. i noticed the rear suspension sags after a half day of riding.you can lift it up but it squats right back down, any ideas on a fix? im not relocating the skid and dont want new shocks

xmsummit154

Reaction score
Just picked up my fat boys springs on Friday they are 120 bucks for the set. They are bolt on heavy duty springs from BRP I think they are off the two up machines so they are meant to handle more weight with very little sag. Going on my 13 XM. If you ask the parts guy at ur local shop they will know what your talking about. Hope this helps

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As XM154 noted. Shocks pretty much just do dampening. The rear springs supply the lift. I put the fat boy springs on every new sled before I use it.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sag will vary unless it is parked on a perfectly flat surface. If its on the snow, it can sag until it darned near bottoms out if parked on even a small lump. The springs hold it up, not the shocks....so as long as it doesnt bottom out more than few times during a typical ride, I wouldnt worry about the springs. Shocks on these things are not the highest quality, but they dont have much effect on the normal sag that is designed into the skid. I put Raptors and Exits on our shop sleds and they still sag a couple inchs, which is actually desirable and normal.

Top Bottom