S36 front suspension upgrade.......

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Just completed the S36 front suspension upgrade for the narrower stance on the 2010! I read on Dootalk about someone taking a couple of hours....that's a fast dude!

The second side, which I did today, was a solid 5 hours. The first side took considerably longer than that. If everything is straight it would have gone faster. I
tweeked a front bumper last winter and didn't notice any other damage at the time but I did push a few things around a little bit and the A-arms were pretty tight to
get back in. All and all, not a hard job. I guess the hardest two parts were getting the ball joints out and compressing the spring to get the cups in.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the future, use a ratchet strap to compress springs. I forgot all about using one until last week, makes compressing springs super easy.

Its not very uncommong to have things out of place on the XP, a little tweak here, a dent there, a bumper that no longer lines up. I change a-arms in about 30 mins, so 2 hours plus the shocks, should be about right. But we won't hold it against ya.

Are you keeping the 2012 swya bar?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
In the future, use a ratchet strap to compress springs. I forgot all about using one until last week, makes compressing springs super easy.

Its not very uncommong to have things out of place on the XP, a little tweak here, a dent there, a bumper that no longer lines up. I change a-arms in about 30 mins, so 2 hours plus the shocks, should be about right. But we won't hold it against ya.

Are you keeping the 2012 swya bar?

I'm thinking you're thinking a new sway bar was in the package! No sirree Bob! No sway bar.

Maybe be there should have been but the picture on the outside of the box with the components didn't have a sway bar in it either.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, I was just curious if you are running the sway bar. The 2010 and newer bars are lighter than 08/09 bars. If you (or the wife) finds it a little unstable on the trail, put the heavier bar from the older models in instead of running your 2010 bar.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lucas had posted on here they had some at Bow. I would give them a call, not sure they are open Saturday or not with the long weekend.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lucas had posted on here they had some at Bow. I would give them a call, not sure they are open Saturday or not with the long weekend.

I sold my last kit the other day, I checked on Bossweb for a customer and they are on back order with no ETA. CCCHHHIIIITTTTYYYYY, as that kit is a really good deal when you think of what you get in the box.

badass1000

Reaction score
I ordered 2 kits a couple months ago. One for me and one for a friend. They were listed as oct 15th or so, then nov 4, now it says nov 11th. I sure hope I get them soon.
Sure glad I ordered them way before the season started. I really wish I had ordered them a couple weeks earlier when I was first going to order them. Several places had them listed for $430-$440. Went to order them two weeks later and the cheapest I could find was $500. I asked what was up and was told that doo raised dealer $70, but left retail the same.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I ordered 2 kits a couple months ago. One for me and one for a friend. They were listed as oct 15th or so, then nov 4, now it says nov 11th. I sure hope I get them soon.
Sure glad I ordered them way before the season started. I really wish I had ordered them a couple weeks earlier when I was first going to order them. Several places had them listed for $430-$440. Went to order them two weeks later and the cheapest I could find was $500. I asked what was up and was told that doo raised dealer $70, but left retail the same.

and we in Canada get the screwing again........$650.00 smackers up here!!!!

kobylka18

Reaction score
call gibbons motor sports they have them in stock, bought one two days ago he still had 3 in stock

Just ordered one up today from them. They are down to 1 now. For anybody interested in the last one there number is 780-923-3796

ktownsumx

Reaction score
and we in Canada get the screwing again........$650.00 smackers up here!!!!

Ya $ 650 is price I got too. Dealer told me if I just do the S-36 and not the shorter skis and the rear spring/rail ect its a waste of money. Can I just do the front? for an easier machine to throw around?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Ya $ 650 is price I got too. Dealer told me if I just do the S-36 and not the shorter skis and the rear spring/rail ect its a waste of money. Can I just do the front? for an easier machine to throw around?

I just did the front and the first thing I have noticed is that in the shop it it much easier to lay the 163 on it's side. I had to re-install the skid plate and laying the machine over was a breeze so I'm thinking in the snow it will be the same.

I don't really know about the rest of the parts that the dealer told you about......maybe just a sales gimmick to sell more stuff???

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well im pretty upset. i ordered 3 kits about 2 months ago. still havent arrived. been told another 2-3 weeks. meanwhile ive got 3 sleds sitting in my shop with no front ends and these guys want to ride. ( of course i jumped the gun and sold the stockers )

way to forsee the demand on this one brp.

if ANYONE knows where i can get 1 or more kits let me know please. i contacted gibbons motortoys today and they just sold out. also riderz in edson hasnt gotten back to me yet.

or if any of you have the kit and arent planning on riding anytime soon please let me know.

thanks

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
well im pretty upset. i ordered 3 kits about 2 months ago. still havent arrived. been told another 2-3 weeks. meanwhile ive got 3 sleds sitting in my shop with no front ends and these guys want to ride. ( of course i jumped the gun and sold the stockers )

if ANYONE knows where i can get 1 or more kits let me know please. i contacted gibbons motortoys today and they just sold out. also riderz in edson hasnt gotten back to me yet.

or if any of you have the kit and arent planning on riding anytime soon please let me know.

thanks

did you try "the best little shop on the prairies?"

I'm sure if they had one, they would fly it to Edmonton considering who's the recipient.......for you Maxwell, they may even pay the freight....and then maybe not!

Must be one or two around somewhere dude.....
:confused::confused::confused:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
may still be flyin around lookin for maxwell, may need to send the bat signal.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

thanks

I'll check for you this morning Max.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I threw this kit on my sled a couple weeks ago. I had Evol Rs on my sled that I put back on with the narrower front end. Do you guys thing this will be ok? They are 17", and the narrower front end takes a 16.5" shock. I thought I would just run a little less air pressure in my main chamber.

I also have my stock front end, and the 16.5" KYB shocks that came with the kit to get rid of. Any ideas what this stuff is worth?

Top Bottom