S-Trip

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
My daughter's grade 12 grad committee is organizing a grad trip to the Domincan next July and they are doing it through an outfit called S-Trip. I was wondering if anyone has been on a trip run by this outfit or sent their kids on a trip run by them? What were your experiences like good/bad?

Thanks!!

Jan

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know about them, I also did get married there, well few yrs ago.You can get a free divorse also, I tried to get her there 10 yrs later but she didn't want to. LOL

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in gr 12 to our school is doing the same trip I have not been on one but it's way too much money for what you get ( from what I hear)
Just my way of looking at it
Could go on 2 trips for the price when I looked it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My schools doing the same thing. They also did it last year and apparently it was pretty awesome. Last year was Mexico I'm pretty sure

Sent from a iPhone

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
How times have changed! Doo people have too much money or what?

Our grad party was in the bush after the banquet and dance.

If the party was on the weekend, most of us were at work on Monday.

Price of new suit: $39.00
Price of a big box of Pilsner: $9.95
Crawling on hands and knees and barfing for hours in the early morning.....priceless!

Last edited:

Chams

Reaction score
I have only heard good things about this travel provider. The prices are higher than an "expedia" (For example all inclusive) but you pay for what you get. I checked out the website and there is a "For Parents" Page http://www.s-trip.com/grad-trip/parents/ . Seems to have a lot of info there.

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So your daughter is going to the Dominican to Strip?
I'm sure she'll have fun.
j/k

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I have only heard good things about this travel provider. The prices are higher than an "expedia" (For example all inclusive) but you pay for what you get. I checked out the website and there is a "For Parents" Page For Parents | S-Trip! . Seems to have a lot of info there.

I checked that too but I was looking for some real life first hand info. I mean that is good info but nothing like real life info kwim?

Jan

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
How times have changed! Doo people have too much money or what?

Our grad party was in the bush after the banquet and dance.

If the party was on the weekend, most of us were at work on Monday.

Price of new suit: $39.00
Price of a big box of Pilsner: $9.95
Crawling on hands and knees and barfing for hours in the early morning.....pricless!

Yup FS that sounds like our grad party too! We had 13 in our grad class!!! She has 5 or 600!!!!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All 3 of our girls went. One each year in grade 12. Europe ,France, and Europe again. All 3 enjoyed the trips. The cost covered all travel including buses and trains. Most of the meals paid for. All accommodations. Value for the price seemed ok. I can't remember what we paid for each one. Remember to give them spending money and a phone card so they can call.

DJC11

Reaction score
Full disclosure I work for S-Trip!, but I truly believe we offer the best student trips out there. We have over 35 years of experience running student trips in over 40 destinations around the world. Over this time we've had over 120,000 students travel with us and have maintained a 92% customer satisfaction rating.

Booking with us is going to be slightly more expensive then booking online with someone like expedia but trust me when I say the added value is well worth the extra bucks. Here's the benefits of booking with S-Trip!:
- Students Only - Our trips are designed specifically for teens. The destination, resort and itinerary are all carefully selected to ensure both safety and fun.
- 24/7 on-site staff - Our job is to ensure all students are having fun in a safe manner at all times. In the case of a medical emergency our staff are fully trained and familiar with local languages and customs to ensure you get the medical attention you need.
- 24/7 Emergency Hotline During Travel - If you need to reach your son or daughter at any point during the trip you can call our 24 hour line and one of our staff on-site will have your son or daughter contact you as soon as possible.
- Local guides and assistance - Help you get a local cultural experience with excursions and activities on and off the resort
- S-Trip! Safety System - All students and parents must sign and follow our Code of Conduct. This includes rules on drinking, drugs and behaviour.
- Mandatory Sign-In & Quiet Hours - All students must sign-in 3 times/day and follow quiet hours.
- RBC Medical Insurance - We include RBC medical insurance on all trips to further protect our passengers.
- Student only excursions - Spend a day at surf camp, cruise the ocean on a catamaran, zipline above the tree tops, explore the culture of a local city, come face to face with wildlife, volunteer your time in the community and more.
- Exclusive night events - Every night there is a theme event with other students your age
- Daily Activities - Our staff run a full schedule of activities on the resort including volleyball tournaments, school olympics, staff vs. student competitions, Mr. & Ms. S-Trip!, battle of the sexes, salsa lessons and more.
- No Hassle Group bookings - We give you your own trip page where all your friends can see the details of your trip and join. We also make sure you're all on the same flight and staying together at the resort.
- Payment plan - We know it can be a lot to shell out a thousand bucks all at once. So we have payment plans up to 12 months that allow you to pay a manageable monthly amount.

For more information I suggest you watch our Online Parent Meeting at . I also encourage you to give us a call at 1.866.627.8747. Our Customer Support representatives will be happy to provide you with testimonials from past passengers and parents. I hope to see your son or daughter traveling with us soon!
Cheers,
Jay

Foog

Reaction score
My boy did an S-Trip ski trip to Fernie last month. He said things were pretty tight and they didn't let much get by. Few kids were sent home on their own dime for smoking in the hotel room. Kids had to check in multiple times per day.

We were a little leery initially about the whole thing but he had a great time and we didn't get any surprising phone calls so all was good.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Ric is your son going to the South Dominican? My daughter is supposed to be going June 30th to July 6th, 2013. When is your son going?

Jan

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
That's good to hear Foog. I know I am being an over protective parent but I worry especially since this is a group I will have no contact with and don't know any of the organizing people.

Jan

Top Bottom