S Modual repair

bonesy

Reaction score
I need to change out my S modual on my ‘15 800 174. I’m wondering about replacing with a BRP or if there are options available? Any tips to do a better job, time savings, etc? I plan on doing driver bearings since I’ll be elbows deep anyway.

Thanks

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I changed mine a few years ago. Pretty sure I bought a little die grinder for rivets and the used bolts. We were in Vale at the time so it was what I could find.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't buy the bigger brp rivits. Super expensive, just use bolts

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I tell everyone, don’t put on those aftermarket brace kits, the damage just goes farther back and more serious . It also makes changing an arms a complete pain in the ass.i unfortunatly don’t have any,(Engine Support Brackets) they are not called (S Modules) s module is the main part of the tub. Everyone calls the bracket the s mod. I got a few s modules, no brackets! 😁

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a few different brace kits you can get. Having replace tons of those s-mods, or s-brakets what ever you want to call them i always put them on any xm or xp.

I like the grip and rip kit best

1710101080251.png

If you are worried about tranfering damage to other places, skidoo has a brace kit that isnt as heavy duty.

It helps brace it for jumps or whoops but doesnt really offer any protection for head on collisions though. Try to avoid those though. Haha

Screenshot_20240310_140052_Gallery.jpg

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If replacing with new get the mxzr s mod. it has a couple extra braces built into it from the factory.
good call and that jogged my memory. That or the Freeride S-mod was actually cheaper than the summit S-mod as well.

Top Bottom