S&M - “Trail Closure Fund” (Fund)

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that this is a great concept. There may be other stakeholders that should be funded as well, the ASA has no mandate to protect ATV trails (nor should they) and with the number of mudders as well as 'snowers' here, some may want their cash directed there.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could take my empties in and come up with $40 at least.

You should get a sticker to put on your sled that other sledders could see. That might create awareness and give you the right to talk smack to those that complain about trail closured but do not donate.

My only question to this program....is this not what a TRAIL PASS is supposed to help support!?

Maybe buy both!!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I agree with the concept.....

But to play devils advocate....

out of 17000 members lets say 12000 sled, there are many members who just quad/bike/boat/truck/......

Out of those 12000, lets assume...... 2000 are tightwads and another 2000 a are "Douche Canoe's"

So we are at 8000 members..... minus 500 for alters and proably 2500 for inactive...

so we have 5000 active/concerned/willing/sledding members

thats still $100K...... however the split between the ASA and BCSA may not work because what about the members from the US/Sask/Eastern Canada ect....

Just putting it out there............I'll send my $20 but $340K aint gonna happen...

Just sayin

Like I said, just playing devils advocate

I could take my empties in and come up with $40 at least.

You should get a sticker to put on your sled that other sledders could see. That might create awareness and give you the right to talk smack to those that complain about trail closured but do not donate.

My only question to this program....is this not what a TRAIL PASS is supposed to help support!?

My understanding
Maybe buy both!!

Top Bottom