RZR no 4WD in reverse

racerfromhell

Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas/commits/fix for why I cant get the 4WD to engauge in reverse? forward seems to work OK and the 4WD light comes on in reverse but doesnt engauge :confused:

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is your cluster showing that you are in reverse? If not than the problem is in the gear selector sensor or the wireing to it. if you download a service manual is shows you how to find and fix the problem. My rzr was doing the same thing and it was the sensor, once I changed it everything works good again. the sensor is located on the motor side of the transmition, there are 2 bolts/screws holding it on. Be verry careful when removing it as there are 2 pins and springs that can fall and you will have a hell of a time finding them. If you need a service manual e mail me I have a copy on my computer so I can send you the pages you need.

racerfromhell

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Yes I change the oil every 10 or 15 hours. Yes the icon comes on in R L and H. Checked the coil and supply voltage. All good gat a service manual and removed diff and took apart. Cage was in a million pieces. But was still working great in forward. Strange ......and the oil I drained was pretty clean! Changed the cage and installed a seal kit. Reinstalled and no 4WD. Crap. Took it out again and changed the armature plate too. Put it back in and its all good. I just can't believe it worked at all before repair. Thanks for the help again people

Top Bottom