RZR 1000 noisy front diff

oldrzr

Reaction score
Good Afternoon. Anyone riding a RZR 1000 and have a noisy front diff? I have approx 900 miles on the RZR and had it out a couple of weeks ago and put on about 20 miles then all of a sudden it sounded like a bag full of marbles rolling around in the front diff. Took it apart today and thought it was the sprague cage and not a thing wrong with the diff. This machine has run like a top for the last two years other than a couple of cv boots and one axle. Have changed the front axles to Demon axles last year.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a thread about a 900 rzr with a noisy diff. Check the Polaris section. Not sure if it was ever solved. I one thing to check and it might sound dumb but check you winch cable is tight. I thought my ranger was falling apart but it was the hook hitting the bumper lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bradb

Reaction score
Check out RZR forums,lots of threads about front diff problems.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
super common with the 1000. nothing really wrong other then sometimes the steady bearing can be worn. check u-joints as well.

Robert_ellis

Reaction score
You have to pull the front yoke and move a shim inside to the other side of the yoke. I'll see where the video is that my cousin made.

oldrzr

Reaction score
Well i found out what was wrong with my front diff. it is the voltage regulator not working properly so it was making the 4 wheel drive go in and out of service. I also was losing my power sterring off and on. another learning experience but oh well learned alot again about my rzr.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good find as its something to keep an eye on when trouble shooting many units of the day.

Now you can ride the season with the unit that's ready to go brother.

Pal Lem

Top Bottom