RV Thin wall cr@p!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What does everyone use to mount stuff in their Trailer or RV when ya can't hit a stud?
Bought these today! I think they should work! Anyone ever tried it or have a better idea?Just hanging Dyson rechargeable in closet wall.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What does everyone use to mount stuff in their Trailer or RV when ya can't hit a stud?
Bought these today! I think they should work! Anyone ever tried it or have a better idea?Just hanging Dyson rechargeable in closet wall.

I wouldnt trust that. If in a house maybe but wit trailer bouncing and flexn down roads it'll be sketchy. I say hit a stud or install backing plate.

nd4spd

Reaction score
what I did was grabbed those 4' peices of wood tracking (gladiator) that has all the differnt hooks available. this gives you multiple spots to hang things; they are white and actually look not bad. I did the complete inside of the storage compartment in the RV to hang axes, shovels and everything. and being 4' long you will hit studs. Those ankers that you are thinking of useing are junk

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what I did was grabbed those 4' peices of wood tracking (gladiator) that has all the differnt hooks available. this gives you multiple spots to hang things; they are white and actually look not bad. I did the complete inside of the storage compartment in the RV to hang axes, shovels and everything. and being 4' long you will hit studs. Those ankers that you are thinking of useing are junk
Awesome idea!
Thx

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

pics please

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This stuff works like a hotdam!!

Wouldn't it be hard to screw brackets to it?picture looks like there is no flat substantial section to screw brackets to?

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya, I guess if you just want to screw a bracket, then a pc of plywood would suffice. Oak is so "80's"

Slatwall is only as strong as the MDF that holds it together. Take a prybar and test it... even with the inserts.. Plus sled trailers have LOTS of moisture and you will be trashing that in no time. MDF hates moisture.

Wouldn't it be hard to screw brackets to it?picture looks like there is no flat substantial section to screw brackets to?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya, I guess if you just want to screw a bracket, then a pc of plywood would suffice. Oak is so "80's"

Slatwall is only as strong as the MDF that holds it together. Take a prybar and test it... even with the inserts.. Plus sled trailers have LOTS of moisture and you will be trashing that in no time. MDF hates moisture.

The slatwall I refer to is made of plastic.
It's actually called storewall I think.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Overkill. The product is Mastercraft Track Panels. Claims 75 pound capacity per foot but it might be tough finding a wall in our TV's that would hold that. I think in addition to screws, I will also look for that double sided adhesive tape to help hold everything in place. Web site address is

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to a high end auto parts store get the 3M. It is used for emblems etc. it's expensive thou. Are you in red deer?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
question, how big is this vacum cleaner, heavy etc.? this going in a travel trailer or a enclosed sled trailer, or you redoing your garage.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
question, how big is this vacum cleaner, heavy etc.? this going in a travel trailer or a enclosed sled trailer, or you redoing your garage.

Just under 5lbs going in this!

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok, i was invisioning a small hand held unit, was wondering what you where doing. u can't just store it in the front under box? i was wondering the same thing when i bought the travel trailer, did the built in, real easy to do it yourself, but costly.
so that bad boy need 110 volt or 12v

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
120v
What's costly? This thing is $550

yes i guess your right, it is not cheap either.

so you have to run a generator, still not bad though, only need it once n a while.

so you coming out to suds campouts this summer?

Top Bottom