RV Microwave

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am having trouble with my Dometic Microwave in our RV (I have only used it twice ). I have heated up a cup of coffee twice in the Microwave but then on the third time - no heat. The fan, light , turn table was working but no heat:confused:. We didn't have the glass turn table plate installed ( we forgot it at home ) - I didn't think it was critical that we had one. I checked the manual and it didn't say much. Is there a fuse or something a guy can check ? Any help would be appreciated .

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am having trouble with my Dometic Microwave in our RV (I have only used it twice ). I have heated up a cup of coffee twice in the Microwave but then on the third time - no heat. The fan, light , turn table was working but no heat:confused:. We didn't have the glass turn table plate installed ( we forgot it at home ) - I didn't think it was critical that we had one. I checked the manual and it didn't say much. Is there a fuse or something a guy can check ? Any help would be appreciated .

I had this problem once before, my issue was that i was at the end of the line for power in the loop and when all the other people started using power the volt drop was too much so my microwave didn't work but after the usage lowered it started working again.

Volt drop will get you if you are on a power site, if you are on generator power i can't help you as i don't have one.

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had this problem once before, my issue was that i was at the end of the line for power in the loop and when all the other people started using power the volt drop was too much so my microwave didn't work but after the usage lowered it started working again.

Volt drop will get you if you are on a power site, if you are on generator power i can't help you as i don't have one.

Thanks Scuba I am at a powered site . I measured the volts coming into the trailer at 121 Volts AC and I meassured the plug receptical on the outside of the trailer but I didn't measure the microwave plug volts. I have wired our campsite with each site having a 30 amp 125 V RV receptical with a dedicated 30 amp breaker to each site. I will check the voltage at the Microwave plug just to be sure.

:d

Top Bottom