RV dump sites and retail propane

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple things I have noticed over the last 2 years. We are losing many of the complimentary RV dump sites around the city, and propane suppliers are going away from retail sales.

Many of the dump stations are closing due to abuse and lack of respect. Really unfortunate.

Propane is going the way of tank exchange only. I personally am not comfortable with this program as I treat my tanks really well. Better than the average joe I am sure. Who is to say the exchanged tanks are inspected any better than they are at a retail propane outlet. Then there is the premium added to the cost due to tank "rental".

I thought this forum would be a good spot to share information on available dump stations on the North, East, South and West sides of Edmonton, and for available retail propane outlets.

I do not know of any dump sites anymore as the ones I did know are now closed.

I buy my propane at the following:

Shell on St. Alberta Trail, South of the Yellowhead.
Highe Petroleum on 178th Street and 102nd Ave.

dlj

Reaction score
Your right propane is getting tougher, in some cases I wait till I am on the way out of town and fill up in a smaller town (I have 30 lb bottles).
In Edmonton I use Hughes or Mohawk, if they have someone on who can fill.
As for dump stations there is one at Gateway info center (South side), but can be big line ups after a weekend. The other spot in the city is Rainbow Valley but the last time I dumped they stiffed me for $ 15.00.
I have a man hole right in front of my place, beleive me it is tempting to pull the lid and let her flow.:nono:

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard that there are some Canadian Tire locations, in Edmonton, that actually have dumping stations. Also Flying J?

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RV Dump Stations South of Edmonton
1 - At the Oil Derrick Information Center (just north if the Info building) on hiway #2 between North bound and south bound lanes.
2 - Nisku Esso just south of Airport Road on Sparrow Drive (in south west corner)

Propane
1 - Almost all Mohawk Gas Stations - I use on at 23 ave and 111 street.

Quad and RV Wash Bays
1 - Poor Boys in Nisku just south of Airport Road on Sparrow Drive east side by Western RV -
---Can unload quads in the parking lot and wash in the car bays (10 bays)and drive back out side and reload quads or wash them on trailers in the RV Bays
---Can wash Trucks, Quads and RV in the RV bays (3 bays)
---They are not worried about the mud like other car and truck washes are!!!

2 - Calmar Fast Gas has a 3 bay car wash but if real dirty the owner might tell you to clean the mud up when finished (he keeps a wheel barrow and shovel beside the bays for this)

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure Fire Propane on the South side, there the retail end of Davis Propane the commerial delivery company. So they should be around for a while...

Also there is or was a free dump on the north/back side (no pun intended) of Canadian Tire at Millwoods Town Centre. It has a small sign over it "for customer use" not well advertised or signed...also used to be one just north of the visiters centre as you come into Edm on the QE2....

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
C-Tire keeps shutting down their sites.

Ministik...good call on the RV washes. Great adder to the thread. Poor Boys is awesome.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ask and you shall receive RV dump stations and sani dump stations in Alberta, Canada

I get propane at Appllo Propane, Propane Shack or Hughs....I also take care of my bottles and Appllo revalves them for around $25

I've been to that site many times. Printed off a copy for the trailer. Many not on the list anymore or show closed. It's getting tough out there. Makes me wonder how many people are dumping out in the bush?!:eek::nono:

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The dump station at Millwoods is closed down. Or it was last time I went to use it.. Did they re-open it?

If they did that is better then waiting in line a Gateway.. You wait in line to dump ,then you can't get out because of the line to dump is so long it blocks the only exit back into the city...:rant:

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Their is a Rv dump site is St-albert for free in the industial part of it and you can fill you propane at the Husky on St albert trail in the city of St Albert and also you can dump your rv for 5$ a pop hope this help

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Their is a Rv dump site is St-albert for free in the industial part of it and you can fill you propane at the Husky on St albert trail in the city of St Albert and also you can dump your rv for 5$ a pop hope this help

Can you be more specific as to where this free dump site in St Alberta is, adn the one for $5. Thanks.

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The HUSKY is located on St-albert Trail and Grenier Pl between the dodge dealer and boston pizza

And St ALBERT PUBLIC WORKS
Corriveau Ave and Chevigny street

Hope this help they are both located in ST ALBERT

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are camping out west Drayton Valley has a really good one and its free. they even have a ramp to drive up on to get one side up to drain better. Its located on the road into the omniplex.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't believe Red Deer only has 3 dump stations....all private. You'd think with 6 or 7 RV dealers there would be at least one city-sponsored site. BTW, the Ah-soo-wa-um site near Penhold is closed...and the Shell in Penhold dump site is awful....dirty and abused. Best I have found in this area is the UFA cardlock in Sylvan, or the Tourist info stop in Innisfail.

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple of my friends when they built their houses installed a rv dump works slick.

Top Bottom