Rusted walker evans

Eric4Prez

Reaction score
I bought a new 2015 assault 800. I rode it for one season. Put her away for the summer and now the center and rear shock have rust on them and it appears like the rust is coming through from beneath the chrome moly or whatever coating is on them....

Does anyone know why this happened or what i can do?

I opted out for the rebate and got the extended warranty for the sled. Is it a part thats exchanged?

Seems like a factory defect. The front shocks are fine.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Eric4Prez

Reaction score
I will contact my dealer asap and let you know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric4Prez

Reaction score
I called and the lady asked if i put it away wet ...

I told her its a snowmobile. And even if i put it away wet it would have dried off naturally long before rust ever formed..

I also had a safari 377 1986 and we left it outside all year and never had rust on the shocks.

She wants me to bring it in. Ive already put my spare set of walkers on the sled and they will be surprised when i walk in with just the shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a 2010 with walker evans, and I have never had any rust on them. Is it Mountain Toys you are dealing with?

palerider57

Reaction score
I have a 2103 with WE. One side front shock adjustment nut seized. Dealer told me to pound sand even though I had 5 year extended bumper to bumper warranty.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take it to another dealer. I've had mine covered. They are known to be bad and seize regularly.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to our 13 HO in 2014 ... looked like they pitted underneath the bump stops. Dealer serviced them under warranty.

Top Bottom