Rust on tunnel

Snow Guy

Reaction score
Got a 99 summit x 670 with rust on the tunnel where the seat has been touching it. Wondering if anyone knows a way to remove the rust?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
canadian tire sells a product can't remember name but it's a gell. used it on my kids truck bumper and it removed all the rust and it leaves a sealer on the metal. it's toxic but its safe for all metals including chrome

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try pouring a can of coke on it. wait a minute or so and polish it off.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the staples holding the seat cover on are the source of the rust .......... just sayin

Snow Guy

Reaction score
I've tried brake clean and rubbing the crap out of it, with no success
Will go to the hardware store and see if they have anything like what papajake was talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Autosol paste or nevr dull wadding will clean it up. Napa carries both products.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can anyone suggest a good product for polishing a tunnel?

I have been using the F1 polish, its what truckers use for their chrome. You can get it at pretty well any truck place, I buy mine at Peterbuilt. I just put it on a buffing cloth and use my drill, it takes a fair amount of elbow grease by hand, I find if u polish until the product is almost dry (you will see it start to dry up) then stop and let it air dry the rest of the way, then buff it off. Autosol works good too, takes longer and has an ammonia smell that I don't like though.

Here is the thread about F1 - https://www.snowandmud.com/just-about-anything-goes-76/f1-metal-polish-53914-4.html

Top Bottom