Russia the next frontier for big mountain riding?

aggraa

Reaction score
hi, i live in bulgaria ,on a plateau at 950+m surrounded by 3 mountain ranges...Rila,Rhodope and the Pirin. these rise up to 3000m
due to the valleys and the wind direction ...cold air from the north and wet humid air coming up from greece/turkey we get good snow... january dumps of 1m+powder..feb the same and march april wetter heavier snow ,but overnight dumps of up to 2m...literally dig my way out the front door in the morning.
i would say russia would be an excellent place to ride and explore.And as soon as you are out of Moscow its cheap! As long as you keep out of WWF ,UNESCO sites its all available...but in the western parts of europe its all strictly regulated with no "freeriding" availability , up north in the scandanavian countries sledding is popular....skidoo even maked sleds there .

geo

Reaction score
That spot looked like it would be great fun. I am sure they have more technical stuff in Russia too. Huge country.

But,,, what really made feel lucky to be where I am (B.C., God's country where there is enough land for us and the flower sniffers) is how obvious it is that the Russian Gov. is still so suppressive.
Look at the riders. Forced to ride with out of date fashion. Doo rider with Yam gear? Cat rider with Doo gear?? No wraps??. WTF!!
Forced to ride without style ?? No one there get any vids? I didn't see one person with a leg flailing behind or hopping way up in the air to cross over to the other side.
And the worst sign of goverment suppression,,, every rider was forced to ride a tank. Not a single Pro. How awfull would it be if our government didn't allow the best handling lightest sled on the snow to be in your hands. Be thankfull you live in a freedom of choice country.

I guess the Russians still like to control their people and still believe everyone should be "strong like bull and smart like streetcar". Why else would they not allow their people to ride the Pro eh!

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a little off topic, but cool to see an s&m member from outside western canada.:beer: some pics of bulgarian sledding areas would be sweet.

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That spot looked like it would be great fun. I am sure they have more technical stuff in Russia too. Huge country.

But,,, what really made feel lucky to be where I am (B.C., God's country where there is enough land for us and the flower sniffers) is how obvious it is that the Russian Gov. is still so suppressive.
Look at the riders. Forced to ride with out of date fashion. Doo rider with Yam gear? Cat rider with Doo gear?? No wraps??. WTF!!
Forced to ride without style ?? No one there get any vids? I didn't see one person with a leg flailing behind or hopping way up in the air to cross over to the other side.
And the worst sign of goverment suppression,,, every rider was forced to ride a tank. Not a single Pro. How awfull would it be if our government didn't allow the best handling lightest sled on the snow to be in your hands. Be thankfull you live in a freedom of choice country.

I guess the Russians still like to control their people and still believe everyone should be "strong like bull and smart like streetcar". Why else would they not allow their people to ride the Pro eh!

Maybe there smarter, and they know some thing you dont lol

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: win
Top Bottom