Running boards?

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bent both boards on my 2012 163 from jumping and dropping so I guess maybe its time for an upgrade.

Looks like ether Skinz air frames or 2013 factory boards.
Has anyone bent either of these boards (I plan to abuse them)
How well do they install? the factory ones look pretty straight forward but not sure about the air frames.
Can you powdercoat the factory boards?

Any opinions on either would be great

Are there any other options out there?

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just did the 2013 burandt boards on my 2012. there far superior to to the stock ones, still getting snow/ice buildup at the footwell and at the rear skid mount. But as I said still far better then the stock ones. easy to mount and very strong. I looked at the B&M and Skinz boards but for 200$ less (I got a good deal from Cycle works) I went with the 2013 ones.

crf450r

Reaction score
I have the skins airframe running boards on my 2011 rmk assault. They are awesome. No snow build up and built very solid. The install is pretty straight forward. Take you and evening and a few bevy's:beer:. I seen on the website you can get them in other colours. I just got the flat black powder coated ones.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did a set of the Burant Better Boards on my 12. Install is pretty straight forward and the come already powder coated in black. Way better that stock.

I got mine from Rainy Creek. $300.

Studder

Reaction score
Yea. Put Burant bds on my '12. Big difference in snow, strength and grip. For $300 bucks, and fit pretty well. Great addition.

FeethookersCanada

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I was going to buy skinz I would buy them from parkland. Trax2treads must be making a killing selling hers for 530. But I think we could do better than both of them. Pm for pricing

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call absolute power & performance in St. Albert for these kick ass boards
they make air frames and burrant boards look cheap .
i Evan got them over with in one day , the work and service there rules and is done right the first time

muddmadness

Reaction score
I put on CR racing boards. My favorite mod to my 2012pro. my biggest problem was not enough width. The rear of most boards is tonarrow for my boots. And i love the big rear step that isnt slanted up as muchas burandt boards as im 6'3" and i use it. I looked around and triedothers and my favorite is the cR racing.
DSC00359 b.jpg

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most boards aren't much wider at the front, because they still need to mount into roughly the same spot. A lot of the difference is in the taper to the rear. Most 'wide' boards don't taper as much, leaving more width towards the rear. I personally like the width of the stock boards.

muddmadness

Reaction score
I hear ya as far as the stock being too narrow. How wide are these at the front?
i believe they are 8" wide at the front and about 7" at the rear. i dont recall exactly but the specs are on their website. i remember measuring when i was shopping around and these were around 1" wider at the front and about 1.75" wider at the rear. then the rear step is way wider than stock. beauty of a board. plus lots of strength as i am 275 geared up and ive landed with all weight on one side and they didnt budge. Highly recommended for bigger guys with wider boots or like others have said, us older guys that need the extra balance. I really recomend trying a few out even if a guy just stands on the sled and try different positions and pick what you like not what looks the best.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've installed four sets of Burandt boards and all three buddies plus myself, love them.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358918764.096083.jpg

Sent from my iPad when I should be sledding.

Top Bottom