Rugby World Cup

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been following the progress of our brave Canadians

so far they are 1-1 with a loss today to France.... they were tied at the half, not too shaby as France is a legit powerhouse able to knock out heavy favorites in every tournament and most recently are the 6 nations cup champs and came into the tournament ranked 4th in the world

our good ol boys are ranked 14th with only 4 of 15 players on the pitch being pros, the rest are amateurs. not too bad i say
at least we are already doing better than our 2007 campaign where we didnt register 1 win which was a first for us in any world cup

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heard on the radio that if they get 1 more win they are guaranteed a berth in the next world cup.

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya pretty much, unless Tonga beats Japan and pulls a ridiculous upset against France, then Tonga would be us by a single point (the bonus point they got vs Canada because they loss by less than 15 points)
now that would add insult to injury
but if Canada loses to Japan, and Tonga wins against Japan then all 3 are tied for the amount of wins and it will boil down to bonus points earned and whether or not Canada got a bonus point vs Japan will make all the difference... now if they are tied, Canada so far has more in game points for so i think they would get it that way

its tough to tell what will happen as Tonga, Japan and Canada are so close in caliber

did i lose you? haha

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
What was the final in the france game...... I stayed up late last weekend and watched the canada/tonga game live.........good to se the canuck boys dooin' good

Top Bottom