Ruby Falls ?

surreyboy

Reaction score
Hey every one , im headding out to Grave Flats staging area tomorrow , never rode that area before but downloaded a map off here for my GPS , my question is , where are the falls ? is it the lower trail or the upper trail ? and how long of a haul from the Grave flats staging area ? were riding a orange/black xp1000 & a camo rincon so any one out there tomorrow , flag us down !!!! have a meet up beer !!!

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go across the river to the next creek crossing rocks. there is a trail that goes strait ahead that goes to colliers. follow creek to the right and you will see the trail. You can watch this spoiler alert and see exact route to falls. I think its about 2-3 hours round trip. Correct me if I'm wrong. I was there on june 22 Sunday and the river wasn't too bad maybe a couple feet deep. I went to the colliers and horse corral past flapjack lake. I left staging area at 900am and there was ice crust in puddles and truck said 3 degrees. It warmed up quickly though. The main reason for the video was someone wanted to know how many crossings to get to falls. Do not play around in river as the fish cops like to give pricey tickets here. Go strait across. At the falls there is or was a thick wire to stop people riding machines to the top of falls. DO NOT go past this cable as they do fly in fish cops to sit there in the bush to catch you. They may be on quads as well so have all your documents with you not at staging area. Keep in mind there are some technical areas and you are a long way away from help take it easy and come home.

Ruby Falls Sept 24 11 - YouTube

Last edited:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take spare tires and rims, maybe an a-arm or two (riding on boulders al day long) some extra padding for your seat (rough as he!!).

Pfft, not THAT bad, but a mashed rim did end my trip short the last time I was out. That said, I totally deserved it - ride like a human and you'll probably have no issues. I recommend at least carrying an inner tube with you just in case.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go across the river to the next creek crossing rocks. there is a trail that goes strait ahead that goes to colliers. follow creek to the right and you will see the trail. You can watch this spoiler alert and see exact route to falls. I think its about 2-3 hours round trip. Correct me if I'm wrong. I was there on june 22 Sunday and the river wasn't too bad maybe a couple feet deep. I went to the colliers and horse corral past flapjack lake. I left staging area at 900am and there was ice crust in puddles and truck said 3 degrees. It warmed up quickly though. The main reason for the video was someone wanted to know how many crossings to get to falls. Do not play around in river as the fish cops like to give pricey tickets here. Go strait across. At the falls there is or was a thick wire to stop people riding machines to the top of falls. DO NOT go past this cable as they do fly in fish cops to sit there in the bush to catch you. They may be on quads as well so have all your documents with you not at staging area. Keep in mind there are some technical areas and you are a long way away from help take it easy and come home.

Ruby Falls Sept 24 11 - YouTube

The music you picked had me thinking Seka was coming out of the bush with a couple girl friends. Lol. Nice vid

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These Vids are great, but here is Pix (maps) of the routes, there is three ways to get to the Falls. one is the Ruby Creek Trail, and Two is the Nomad Creek Trail, past Ruby Lake/ to Ruby Creek/to the Falls. three, is follow the Graves Flat road South of the Muskiki Lake,take a right (West) at the next trail to the Thistle Lake Trail, North to and pass Flap Jack Lake, to the Ruby Creek Trail, West to the Falls.

Bruce,

Attachments

• Two ways to Ruby Falls..jpg
    Two ways to Ruby Falls..jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 311
  • Two ways to Ruby Falls.2.jpg
    Two ways to Ruby Falls.2.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Pfft, not THAT bad, but a mashed rim did end my trip short the last time I was out. That said, I totally deserved it - ride like a human and you'll probably have no issues. I recommend at least carrying an inner tube with you just in case.
Maybe I'm just a bit bitter... Lol. Done that ride probably 10 times. Broke something every time. Truth be told... There are a hell of a lot nicer places to ride than there.

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just a bit bitter... Lol. Done that ride probably 10 times. Broke something every time. Truth be told... There are a hell of a lot nicer places to ride than there.

Go North young man, Go North, no mtn's but lots of sand.

Bruce

Last edited:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Go North young man, Go North, no mtn's but lots of sand.

Bruce
i love the mountains. I ride right out of my own door into the mountains. Nice smooth flowing trails that lead to all kinds of water falls, rivers, no need to smash my chit to hell down an overused trail in order to see a box canyon. Not much of a sand guy either unless it involes a slushy drink. Lol

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just interested in how far grave flats is from cadomin and is that where youll find random camping to head up to the falls.ps i dont have a gps thx.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks whodeanie,planning to head that way in a week or so those directions will help.

No prob man, have fun. There's an even better set of directions somewhere in the Favorite Riding Areas section - search Ruby Falls or Grave Flats. I used them a few years ago but am having trouble locating them again.

surreyboy

Reaction score
i love the mountains. I ride right out of my own door into the mountains. Nice smooth flowing trails that lead to all kinds of water falls, rivers, no need to smash my chit to hell down an overused trail in order to see a box canyon. Not much of a sand guy either unless it involes a slushy drink. Lol

WELL SHARE GUYS !!! ! i love riding in the mountains & waterfalls & rivers......have just discovered the Cadomin area , been riding Bighorn area the last couple of years but a guy can never have a too stacked of a PLETHORA of wicked riding spots !!!! haha !

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
WELL SHARE GUYS !!! ! i love riding in the mountains & waterfalls & rivers......have just discovered the Cadomin area , been riding Bighorn area the last couple of years but a guy can never have a too stacked of a PLETHORA of wicked riding spots !!!! haha !
south ram, north ram, ram forks, trout creek trail, the gap, meadows cabins, easy creek, lynx creek cabins, baseline, ghost ...on and on and on. I have GPS tracks but I'm also a guide so I'm sorry I can't share in the interest of my business. But these areas are available on the map to discover yourself. Or come ride with me sometime. I don't charge friends haha

surreyboy

Reaction score
south ram, north ram, ram forks, trout creek trail, the gap, meadows cabins, easy creek, lynx creek cabins, baseline, ghost ...on and on and on. I have GPS tracks but I'm also a guide so I'm sorry I can't share in the interest of my business. But these areas are available on the map to discover yourself. Or come ride with me sometime. I don't charge friends haha

hey , no sweat sumx54 , its all good , just a general idea of areas is good for me , i can look them up & explore !! as for tagging along on a ride , i just might tak you up on that here sometime this summer ! im heading out to bighorn dam tomorrow (Sunday July 5)to take a buddy up to the look out trail across HWY 11 so if anyone's in the area hope to see ya out there !

Top Bottom