Ruby Falls

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A group of us plan on going here on september long. Is there some pretty good riding and camping spots?
We have a couple big units i think, looking to set up camp anywhere not in a campsite.
Any info on this place would be great! Thank you!

Landrew

Reaction score
The many, many river crossings are fine on a big bike, have done it lots on bikes and on atv's. It's a fun but wet ride on a bike as the water gets up there but never to bad. A little bumpy being all good size rocks in the big middle section of the journey. Make sure you take the side trails that go around the big puddles when they are offered. They appear when you get back into the trees after the river crossings in the open plains - some of those holes will swallow a quad (dont ask) On the rivers just dont tip, or at least bring some spare oil just in case. Just off the road there are lots of crown camping areas.
Pembina River road from Edson/Robb is the quickest way there.

Visit the 2 akes as well - they are quite pretty.

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just rode Ruby Falls on monday, water levels are down from friday when you couldn't cross at the trail head. Just a comment from another post, yes the water holes in the trees are deeep, handle bars and snorkle tips were all that was sticking out of the water when I had to bail off so I didn't flip over, water was to my armpits and I'm 5'11"! 10 year old daughter was not impressed with my trail selection, we always ride through every water hole and deep rut on the trails. Make sure you ride the Edson ESK trail, a great ride to the park boundry. Lots of trails to explore around Ruby.

saqqara

Reaction score
Spent last weekend out at Ruby Falls and by the lake.

First day took the creek/river trails all the way to the falls with a large group including two small children. Insane views and a relatively easy ride. Full day though - pack a lunch!

Second day took the mountain paths up to the lake and back down the other side to the falls. Incredible riding. Lots of hills, tonnes of mud, plenty of muskeg, lots of areas we had to go around. Water's deep on the mud holes...but that's where the fun is. Had two pre-teens with us, doubling with adults, wouldn't take anyone younger on that path.

Camping was wonderful, lots of spots out there.

Weather changes rapidly based on your altitude and we had a little bit of everything - so dress appropriately and you've got it made.

Some of the best few days riding Ive done in a long, long time.

ps. There was a small stray puppy sneaking into our campsite at night - looks like he was abandoned out there. Fairly timid and wouldn't let me touch him - I would have taken him home if he'd come back...anyone see him out there or know what happened to him, drop me a line! Brown, floppy ears, white markings on his chest, about the size of a large fox. I doubt he'll make it through the winter.

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was there last week on my cr250 no problems crossing anywhere,did hit a big mud/water hole on trail that sent me flying and for a swim!!on the trail

Jeepindg

Reaction score
The trail is about 20 KM long with like 20 river crossings.

Water will be very high in the spring but will come down in the summer depnding on how much rain they get,

Ive seen lots of bikes on that trail,
the main trail is fairly timid and id say most anyone can make it on most anything ----Even a polaris :) but watch out for some water-mudholes, they can be dug out deep,
and stay on the main trail.... from about the ruby lakes corner the trail IS in JASPER PARK boundery, and is just a 2 meter wide trail that we are alowed in to get to the falls. wandering off and making your own trail can and wil lead to total trail closure because of misuse. also below the falls the trail ends --at the sign saying no moterised vehicles past this sign, ----Please dont ride up past the sign and to the top of the falls, the lack of respect will close it for all of us.

Enjoy the area it is a beautiful ride and area.

People ride this area in summer and winter on sleds and atv's but it will be a nasty workout on the atv's --- you have to follow sled tracks--- there should be about 4-5 ft of snow on the ground. and digging out is common place, but it is just part of the fun

m7 carver

Reaction score
Does anyone know how high the water is going up to the falls? Can a bike make it?
i think you could have a bit of trouble reason-the whole way up the valley is a rocks
also you cross the same river about 8-9 times before you get there

Drako99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you PM directions as to where this video was taken? That place looks like a lot of fun and is there camping near by?

Top Bottom