Ruby Falls area

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one been camping and riding is this area lately? Planning one last trip for the Oct long weekend and was wondering how it is over there. Its been a couple years since we were there last. Hows the Pembina River road this year? Thanks.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just up there on Sept long. The road wasn't washed out or anything, but it sure was rough in spots. I guess it depends on your vehicle and what you're hauling - 80km/h for my loaded up Canyon hauling two quads was way too fast and I blew a tire. Even though the river isn't too high, the shore was washed out right by the capgroud so we had to cross a couple hundred feet upstream - other than that, it was smooth sailing.

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks whoDEANie, I knew the road was no hiway, my buddy has a 36' class A, just wanted to make sure it wasn't too hairy. I too blew a tire on the way out last time on my holiday trailer, cost me about $500 with the smashed out fender, gotta love quading, lol. Do you remember about how many kms of gravel there were? How was the South Esk Trail?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks whoDEANie, I knew the road was no hiway, my buddy has a 36' class A, just wanted to make sure it wasn't too hairy. I too blew a tire on the way out last time on my holiday trailer, cost me about $500 with the smashed out fender, gotta love quading, lol. Do you remember about how many kms of gravel there were? How was the South Esk Trail?

Never made the South Esk 'cause I broke my quad on the first day out there 12km into the lower trail to Ruby Falls - nothing to do with the trail, just my own stupidity. Then we had a sxs breakdown later in the day, so we just gave up and went home the next day.

I believe it was approx 40km of gravel give or take 5km.

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta love being a quader, all the planning and effort just to breakdown and have to come home. Our last trip to Bighorn we had an a-arm fall off as well as a rear tire fall off, had to repair these on the trail and were able to continue with our trips, I love it, breaking, fixing , and spending on entertainment. lol

Top Bottom