Rt1000 twin pipes??

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Anyone try the twin pipes on the 1000rt summit??? supposed to add 28 hp but have to add the boondocker efi control unit??? would be almost 200 hp on pump gas!!! wowsers:eek: i heard they were having trouble getting the control unit tuned properly for the pipes???:confused: ...... If they are having trouble, i will be adding the dynoport single pipe for my summer project-- supposed to be 8 - 10hp and is 7 lbs lighter(not like it matters though):cool:

ps: had to post this, now i have 700 posts!!!!

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep, summitric pounded on a hill for quite a while trying to keep his top mark...a NOS 1000 took him...he was not happy. he's competitive that boy.

Whoever has the most money will always own the highmark. There was a bunch of us getting some nice marks on our last trip to McBride. Then we heard that sound that leaves no doubt about who is gonna own the highest mark on every hill in the area. Up rolls the Apex turbo.....:shrug: :Snowmobile1:

bigdawgg

Reaction score
buddy of mine had twin crank shop pipes on his rt 1000. It was sweet took him a lil while to tune the controlle unit but once it was dialed in that thing was nuts!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They definatley make power, The worst of it is trying to tune out your bog when your Raves open. The single muffler design is suppose to be alot less finicky then the twin stinger design so i heard.

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brother (Sledinfamily) had a set of Crankshop Twins on his with the Boondocker. Changed them out for single and set Boondocker to all zeros.

Sled made good power with the twins but he didnt want to be messing with the box all the time when he could be riding.

Has the pipes for sale and would probably sell the box too.

sleddinfamily

Reaction score
The pipes are for sale in the classifieds, I cannot say for sure wether they work well or not I did not give them much of a chance, they were on the sled when I got it and the previous owner said they worked well when dialed in with control box. I took them off after first ride because I did not have the patience to ride and dial all day to find proper setting I like to squeeze and go, maybe someone with more snowmobile mechanical patience would benifit from this application. I went to the stock single pipe and MBRP stinger now it is just squeeze hold on and go.

Summitric if you are interested I would be willing to let you try the pipes and see what you think.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These pipes aren't just bolt in and go, and once they been in you can tell. I removed most of the plastic right up to the headlight, then I remounted the coil and fuse box under the pod so they wont get melted. By the time you put in the box, shim your steering post forward, cut the plastic to clear your pipes and let heat out, remount your electrical, and pull out the one frame brace your looking at a good two to three hours work.

Top Bottom