rt1000 idles high when warmed up

wiens66

Reaction score
My 2006 rt1000 starts up great and idles at 2000 rpm and sounds great with lots off power. After it runs for a while it won't idle down (idles at about 3000rpm) and doesn't seem to have as much power . Any ideas?
It did have a small amount of glycol around 1 spark plug when cold

wiens66

Reaction score
The engine was just rebuilt this spring - new crank,pistons,rings, seals - only has 3 hrs on new engine

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure why idling high but sounds like one of the head orings is leaking pull head and fix before it costs you another engine.

Coolant doesn't just appear had to leak from somewhere.
High idle with fuel injection is wired maybe try backing the screw out a bit

looneyrod27

Reaction score
Did you rebuild the motor yourself? Did the bearings get packed with isoflex grease? No grease could cause an airleak which would make it idle high.

wiens66

Reaction score
No , it was rebuilt at Crowd Pleaser Motor sports and the new crank was packed with grease. The coolant quite leaking now after it has run 3 hrs

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Orings don't quit leaking just saying.
It will start to leak again when it cools. More than likely. On the 1000 they are a pain in the azz to get to stay in place when you put the head on.

At 4500 for a new shortblock versus 5.00 for an oring it's cheap peace of mind to me.

I would try the idle adjustment screw to lower the idle. Or better yet take it back to crowd pleaser and tell mike to fix it right

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do yofor sureu have egt gauge sounds like it's leaking air or running lean making it run lean maybe a intake boot
return it if you can fix the o-ring for sure

wiens66

Reaction score
Took it back to Mike Black and he checked it out - got it back and it seized after 5 min - wrecked the new pistons and cylinders. Talked to Mike and found out there is no warranty on his work. Took it to an actually licensed mechanic to rebuild the top end and he found Mike only used a gasket on one intake boot and just siliconed the other.
Engine sucked air and seized - mikes response was " don't call me anymore " and "you should have taken it to an auction after it was rebuilt" Expensive lesson!!

ioio

Reaction score
I looked at an engine that Crowd Pleaser Motor sports had worked on and found loose bolts on intake and exhaust connections, questionable torquing on head and cylinder bolts, sealing surfaces on intakes that were not cleaned up, just a new gasket slapped over bits of the old one. I wouldn't get any work done there on my machines.
Not trying to start a war, just commenting on what I saw.

crwdplsr

Reaction score
I looked at an engine that Crowd Pleaser Motor sports had worked on and found loose bolts on intake and exhaust connections, questionable torquing on head and cylinder bolts, sealing surfaces on intakes that were not cleaned up, just a new gasket slapped over bits of the old one. I wouldn't get any work done there on my machines.
Not trying to start a war, just commenting on what I saw.
I have already wrote a rebuttal to the bs posting Randy Weins put on here regarding my business and his engine. He asked as a friend to have it slapped together with all used parts to ditch it an and auction. His bill with a new crank, pistons and gaskets and the build was 1400 which was less than it cost to do it. He wasn't suppose to get a receipt at all and our agreement was that my name and my shops name were not to be involved with the engine due to the fact that he insisted I use 5000+km cylinders to put it back together. He then insisted on a receipt and got angry when I wrote on the bottom that the motor was not new and needed new cylinders to cover my ass. I have admitted my only mistake was agreeing to put something together that I knew wasn't 100% to help a friend. In the end Randy warned the sled up to try and pawn it off on some poor guy for a quad and they test rode it at +11 and over heated it. That is what happened to the engine. I also did not get a chance to look at it as Randy dropped it off and was asked to give me a couple days to get it in and he showed up unannounced the next day said nothing to anyone, loaded his sled before it was checked over and left. Since then he has been bashing me wherever he can with absolutely nothing but his own stupidity to be mad at. He tells me "send me a cheque for 600.00 and I'll go away". I did a supposed friend a favor that cost me money then and is costing me money now. I have a great reputation and its a real shame that someone who is trying to make an honest living and support the sport he loves is be bashed by an ungreatfull a-hole like Randy. Randy won't show the receipts for the professional shop he claims to have take it to and he won't show the receipt I gave him cause it clearly says needs new cylinder and no warranty.
Your a coward Randy and you just don't have the balls to admit you are wrong.
I hope once again this clears up any questions anyone has. I love the support that I was given from everyone and the administration of Snow and Mud. Cheers, Mike.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have already wrote a rebuttal to the bs posting Randy Weins put on here regarding my business and his engine. He asked as a friend to have it slapped together with all used parts to ditch it an and auction. His bill with a new crank, pistons and gaskets and the build was 1400 which was less than it cost to do it. He wasn't suppose to get a receipt at all and our agreement was that my name and my shops name were not to be involved with the engine due to the fact that he insisted I use 5000+km cylinders to put it back together. He then insisted on a receipt and got angry when I wrote on the bottom that the motor was not new and needed new cylinders to cover my ass. I have admitted my only mistake was agreeing to put something together that I knew wasn't 100% to help a friend. In the end Randy warned the sled up to try and pawn it off on some poor guy for a quad and they test rode it at +11 and over heated it. That is what happened to the engine. I also did not get a chance to look at it as Randy dropped it off and was asked to give me a couple days to get it in and he showed up unannounced the next day said nothing to anyone, loaded his sled before it was checked over and left. Since then he has been bashing me wherever he can with absolutely nothing but his own stupidity to be mad at. He tells me "send me a cheque for 600.00 and I'll go away". I did a supposed friend a favor that cost me money then and is costing me money now. I have a great reputation and its a real shame that someone who is trying to make an honest living and support the sport he loves is be bashed by an ungreatfull a-hole like Randy. Randy won't show the receipts for the professional shop he claims to have take it to and he won't show the receipt I gave him cause it clearly says needs new cylinder and no warranty.
Your a coward Randy and you just don't have the balls to admit you are wrong.
I hope once again this clears up any questions anyone has. I love the support that I was given from everyone and the administration of Snow and Mud. Cheers, Mike.

Good on u mike. There is 2 sides to every story.

If I work on a friend's junk heap in my shop there is no warranty for the same reason as urs.

I have heard lots good about ya mike. Don't frett it dude.

sent from my HTC

Top Bottom