RS Nytro Cam Chain Tensioner

johnsmithnf

Reaction score
Has anyone heard much troubles about the cam chain tensioner on yamaha 120hp genisis 3-cyl failing? I been reading on the totallyamaha about this and woundering if its just the US sleds with this problem. I got a used one last week its a 2006 and been reading that the cam chain tensioner from 2005-2006 on the RS yamaha are known to fail. Just running the sled and listening I can't hear anything but worried about damaging the engine. Its got only 3400kms.

Also, how bad do the exhaust doughtnut needs replacing?

And, just woundering if anyone out there would like to tune up this sled for me rather than paying the $135/hr shop rate at E&S or $99/hr at Alberta Cycle. I'm in Fort Sask and would like for someone to show me how to adjust clutches, carbs and suspension. Thanks.

johnsmithnf

Reaction score
Also, I believe this type of tensioner has been around for years in thier motorcycles. But much easier to replace than a sled.

johnsmithnf

Reaction score
Has anyone heard much troubles about the cam chain tensioner on yamaha 120hp genisis 3-cyl failing? I been reading on the totallyamaha about this and woundering if its just the US sleds with this problem. I got a used one last week its a 2006 and been reading that the cam chain tensioner from 2005-2006 on the RS yamaha are known to fail. Just running the sled and listening I can't hear anything but worried about damaging the engine. Its got only 3400kms.

Also, how bad do the exhaust doughtnut needs replacing?

And, just woundering if anyone out there would like to tune up this sled for me rather than paying the $135/hr shop rate at E&S or $99/hr at Alberta Cycle. I'm in Fort Sask and would like for someone to show me how to adjust clutches, carbs and suspension. Thanks.

Sorry its the 2005-2007's

Top Bottom