RPM help

xmrider

Reaction score
I installed the new TSS instaboost kit and cant seem to get any rpms out of it. It will hit 7100-7200 then go back down to 6700-6800 gargling and sputtering. I am running stock secondary. And 403 ramps different rollers and a 414 639 000 BL/OR spring in the primary. I am running 5 pounds of boost and will not go up or down no matter how much I adjust the boost controller. Running the new map they gave me for the boost it box and 130 on the main fuel. When I reach WOT my afr will be mid 11s. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am no turbo etec expert but mid 11 with the etec, seems a bit low to me. Mine ran like crap at 11.5 and really woke up at 12.3-5. In the 11's it would gurgle and shudder and wouldn't pull rpm. This was not a instaboost kit. It was a silber but for what it's worth....

I'm pretty sure low/mid 12's is where you want to be. Every sled is different. Adjust your main fuel down a little bit.

Last edited:

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna out on a limb and say you missed something on the install. All of these kits have been proven to work. The boost-it fuel box has also been proven time and time again. Go over everything again, contact tss.

xmrider

Reaction score
Figured out my problem. The reed boot blew off on the inner throttle bottle making it not run so good. Fixed that problem and put some more weight to the clutches and sure rips now!

Top Bottom