Rovers Easter weekend

Stocky

Reaction score
Can someone please give an update on the conditions of both Rovers and Norns ? We're hoping to ride Rovers for sure this Saturday, but I hear the weather's been beautiful, and supposed to be warm this week. :cool:

Thanks, Stocky

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can someone please give an update on the conditions of both Rovers and Norns ? We're hoping to ride Rovers for sure this Saturday, but I hear the weather's been beautiful, and supposed to be warm this week. :cool:

Thanks, Stocky

Didn't see this until just now, otherwise I would have helped ya out! :D

Ladybird as of last weekend was still rideable from the parking lot, but I'm guessing you'll have to drive further up the road each day as it's been pretty warm. Last year we rode June 7, had to drive to about 16km I think, Fry's crossing, then perfect conditions all the way up through the trees. As for Rover, sorry, haven't heard anything at all. I imagine it should be all right as long as you don't mind driving up to the snowline and doing the usual spring ride of dirt - snow - dirt - snow to the good stuff! :D

Stocky

Reaction score
Better late then never. ;) Thanks for the info tho. I did drive up the access road, got to I believe 13k where the fork is. The road leading up was covered in snow, the one going down was clear. We actually went up Archibald Creek Rd, up to the bridge, unloaded and rode Gold Range up to the cabin. It was sweet on good Friday, socked in and snowing on Saturday tho. :d

Our next ride is planned for May Long, we should try and hook up with you!?

Stocky

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better late then never. ;) Thanks for the info tho. I did drive up the access road, got to I believe 13k where the fork is. The road leading up was covered in snow, the one going down was clear. We actually went up Archibald Creek Rd, up to the bridge, unloaded and rode Gold Range up to the cabin. It was sweet on good Friday, socked in and snowing on Saturday tho. :d

Our next ride is planned for May Long, we should try and hook up with you!?

Stocky

Hoping to head up Ladybird Sat afternoon on the May long if things go well, taking the truck and campers up to stay the night. Drop me an email and I'll let you know when the time comes closer
Kevin
rks442@hotmail.com

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey kevin
are you still going up for the long weekend with your camper??

Undecided, got family coming in this weekend, not sure how long they are staying. And taking our daughter to Silver city days on the saturday of the long weekend but would like to head up there either late Sat afternoon or Sunday morning and stay overnight, head home Monday. We'll play it by ear.

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stocky and I will be around on the long weekend Salmo area, no riding destination yet, be great to hook up and Sunday is looking good for us!

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hay Stocky found some pics from this spring, great weekend we had just up from your folks place in the Kootenays!

DSC02374-1.jpg

I believe one of the chutes on the right was the one Davidoff was attempting the weekend before.

Sled079.jpg

The snow was superb that day, other then those cornices dropping down in the afternoon..:eek:

DSC02375.jpg

Last pick I had of your RMK She’s a goner now! Sask bound you say?

DSC02366.jpg

"Stocky" the Viking at the Cabin...

Top Bottom