Round trip to whistler from Edmonton where to ride

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
After Xmas my son and I are jumping in the truck and I would like to sled my way to whistler we have to be there for Jan 2 do some boarding then ride with Chris brown Jan 5,6 and head home
So other than the main areas Iam thinking a day in vale then blue river after that not sure of any other areas west of clear wAter or south past kamloops what areas would someone recommend and if any one is up for a meet up that would be cool as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to Merritt bc on 28 -2 with my son and wife they have what looks to be excellent riding and 4 different zones 10k looks like the big boy zone we are super pumped to get there and try it out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 385

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice I am looking at planning one of these trips this winter as well. Should be a wicked trip.

We were thinking Edmonton, Golden, Revy, Kelowna, Whistler.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
What type of riding do you like to do?
What machine and track size do you ride?
What is your skill level?
Post these skill testing questions and there could be better destinations suited to your liking which would make the vacae of a lifetime even better!
Not being a smarty pants or anything like that but there are some places that are better suited for trail riding and trees as opposed to other places that will blow your mind with massive hillclimb territory. Love that word massive. Most mountains are massive come to think of it.

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
We like skatepark like terrain,trees,mostly really like to explore
Both sleds are 14 xm 163 s
Would say we are above average skill level have our ast1
I love the comment massive territory

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Excellent info.
I would recommend a Sicamous ride as they have quite a few areas to ride and lots of terrain to select from.
Coquihalla -Excellent groomed trail system
-trees, trails and deep snow
-warming cabin
-can see most of the area in one day so you w won't get that overwhelming feeling of missing out on riding areas
-cheap hotels in nearby town of hope. You can even get the old, musty, velour curtain rooms! The movie Rambo was filmed in hope. History rt thar!
Brohm ridge(black tusk snowmobile club)-deep snow, trees and challenging terrain. Can ride whole area in a day if you are ambitious. Medium cost hotels in town of squamish and you get the whistler ski resort feel without the whistler expense. I recommend executive Inn at squamish. Good parking, views and has a restaurant.
Whistler(brandywine or pemberton areas)-this is the MASSIVE I referred to. After 25 years of riding here, I still get the shakes and adrenalin shots when I ride these areas. Has to be seen to believe. I digress. Groomished trail to the glacier (ice fields) where you ride on 1-200ft thick ice which is covered with 15-25ft of snow.
Once the trail ends it is recommended to go with someone who knows the area as there are places where you can get into trouble. Ie-die. A little tree riding but it's mostly above treeline and riding is at 4000-6500ft. Chris Brown will be able to take you to the best tree riding areas that most don't know about so you will be well taken care of there.
I don't know where he rides. It's that top secret. I can only assume the tree riding will be as spectacular as ever.
All the areas have clubs that are on Facebook so if you follow all the clubs you can get a good idea of the snow conditions. Snow is not that great right now but hopefully that will change by the time you make the pilgrimage out to the west coast.
Cheers! I'm envious of your trip!

Last edited:

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Thanks great info we have done revy and sic lots so time to try other areas did lots of searching yesterday so for looks like the pattern will be vale ,blue ,merit coq and black tusk brohm ridge then into whistler board couple days chris brown for 2 days then head back maybe a hill around clear water and 1 more day back at blue river then home
Keep the info coming so I can soak it all in

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
The Coq has got some good riding, deep pow too. Was up there last year. Ride right from the toll booth rest area nice and simole to find

Rkwhite

Reaction score
Honeymoon has some nice terrain near Merritt as well, look into it. Which way are you going to whistler? If you take the 99 through Duffy lake you should stop at Pemberton and go up the Hurley, epic areas in there to.......

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Think we are going south we ride with. Chris brown on Jan 5-6 and if we don't do that area then I would maybe try that on the way out we will head that way

Last edited:

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Well has a great first couple days in vale mount on the way down had to replace a fuel pump today in kamloops big shout out to rtr performance
Any how stuck on the coq right now it is snowing hard gonna ride here tmr if any ones up for a rip let me know

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Excellemt update on the trip! I was just checking coqsnow webcam a m7nute ag9 and I saw your post. I would ride with u tommorro but my sled is not ready. I see they did some grooming so you should see some massive snowfall t9mmorro. It's a cool sight when it snows hard at the coq! Enjoy!

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll work on my junk over the next few days. I'm on the upswing(assembling as opposed to diassembilibg). If you are in Whistler squamish area 2 3 or 4 lemme know. Would love to ride with yous guys.
Brohm ridge usually has a new years celebration in the chalet. I'm not sure if they still have it but it's cool going for a midnite ride on nye.

Last edited:

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Awesome we will be there however we will be in ski mode till we ride with Chris brown on the 5-6 then one more day before we head home

Top Bottom