rooster weights

doobie

Reaction score
looking for first hand experience. 13 pro 155, ride fernie/golden. where are you guys adding weight to these?

sledhead306

Reaction score
ill talk to a friend of mine he has them, i have the ones that screw in from one side, our setups are a lot differet

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got some of these weights with the RTK drop in kit, the screws can go in from either side. The instructions don't recommend which side to use, wonder if it makes any difference?

doobie

Reaction score
what settings does rkt suggest? i called parkland but they forgot to call me back with rkt recomended settings. i dont think it matters which side you load on. the new weights dont require machine work to the primary like the old version did for some.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the RTK drop on piston kit he calls for 2/3 grams more than stock setting and 8300/8500 peak RPM. I loaded mine heavy on the heel getting lighter on the tip, 69 grams total for 3000' around Edmonton (stock is 66 grms)The set I got clear the spider with 2 screws one thick and one thin washer mounted in the same hole.

rmscustom

Reaction score
Kelsey told me to add 6 grams to the heel, 2 grams in the center and none in the tip for the DI kit 5'-8'k. My spider needed to be machined to run a bolt and 2 washers in both sides of the heel.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kelsey told me to add 6 grams to the heel, 2 grams in the center and none in the tip for the DI kit 5'-8'k. My spider needed to be machined to run a bolt and 2 washers in both sides of the heel.

Were you running two of the thick washers? I think the max you can go with screws on both sides is one thick and one thin washer. If You put two thick washers under the screw it doesn't have enough thread in the hole and causes clearance issues.

rmscustom

Reaction score
Were you running two of the thick washers? I think the max you can go with screws on both sides is one thick and one thin washer. If You put two thick washers under the screw it doesn't have enough thread in the hole and causes clearance issues.
One thick and one thin on each side just like the instructions say. Only one out of the three actually made contact but all were really close so I machined them cause who knows what happens under load.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why don't you guys just run the Dalton weights with the set screws that can be adjusted in two minutes without opening the clutch? I am running them and really like them. Maybe you would be limited a bit on the amount of weight you can add to one area but for my buck the adjustability is priceless.

Top Bottom