Rooster built or Dynamoe joe for t3?

dooin800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Recreation supply, around 200$ when I bought it. Not expensive when your chasing a clutch issue. You compress them to 74mm and then 41 mm and that is the measurement that they use for the spring. I think they have a 10% variance. Here is the Doo chart for drive springs.
image.jpg

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So lets say a 160/320 sacks out and tests at 160/280...........would there be much difference between than and an actual 160/280? Or could a guy just test old springs and use them based on what they test at?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find the sec easier and quicker than the primary to change springs. About a 20min job start to finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With the special tool to unload it mabe, not taking the hole shaft out ect

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So lets say a 160/320 sacks out and tests at 160/280...........would there be much difference between than and an actual 160/280? Or could a guy just test old springs and use them based on what they test at?
I guess u could use them, but once they have got soft, they keep going soft

Plus if u need a 320, a 280 ain't going to cut it

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the special tool to unload it mabe, not taking the hole shaft out ect

Yep shaft out and on the bench for a spring change. Yah don't need to take the chaincase apart to get the shaft out.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep shaft out and on the bench for a spring change. Yah don't need to take the chaincase apart to get the shaft out.

In theory lol. I have tried about 4 times now and only once it worked, some how I always drop that little spacer down into the chain case.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

U have horse shoes then lol
In theory lol. I have tried about 4 times now and only once it worked, some how I always drop that little spacer down into the chain case.

Exactly lol, u have my luck

The last one I did I got 4 different length bolts, took two out at a time, and installed the next two longer ones and so on , letting the outer and spring come out without taking it out

Worked good, took some time but didn't loose the spacer lol

Then reversed the assembly with longer bolts to pull it back till two where the stock bolts, and installed the other two stock bolts

Kind of was slick

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got all my clutch tools from straight line performance, there's multiple places to get them though

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just need 2 people and its super easy to do a secondary, no fancy tools required.

dooin800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, once the spring loses it tension it will just fatigue even more. The spring rate will be different as well and they will not act/ compress the same.

Top Bottom