Rolled it over, now it won't run!! 2008 XP 800 Everest

Side Show

Reaction score
I was out yesterday and had to use the old 'kick it down the hill to get unstuck' method. It rolled over once. When I fired it back up, the engine light was on, along with the temp light (non X). It was also beeping. Grabbed the throttle and sled would not rev up. Acted like when the DESS won't let it rev. I pulled the cluster and unplugged the gauges. The sled ran fine and was able to ride te rest of the day with no gauges. Any ideas what would have caused this? Any help would be appreciated. I'm saving my money for a snow check so I don't really want to pay the dealer another grand to fix this thing.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry. Never heard of it.

Not much help but dunno what to say.

from my HTC

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like teather except for the unplug cluster and it worked part. just had a friends 08 give weird engine light and died on and off. Turned out to be the stater wire that ran behind the chaincase. There was a 08 recall(rub on rivet) long ago but the "recall fix" decal and glob of silcone had wore out. We just repaired wire to fix. Was hard to trouble shoot at first but had a feeling it was that so just pulled and pushed the wires when it was running and the engine light was going nuts.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen the accs pod on your handlebars cause problems like this if the internal circuitry gets wet from rolling over in snow. Sometimes will go in reverse and won't come out. Pull it apart and dry it out. That may be the problem. Don't understand the gauge thing though?

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You just had snow under the throttle flipper. Happens almost every time you roll a sled. It activates the throttle safety switch.....blow it out and you're good to go.

Top Bottom