Roll Over Shut Down Switch

judger101

Reaction score
would you be willing to give any specifics on the catch can setup? I have lost all faith in these solenoid valves over the past few weeks. they are froze up every single day I go out to ride, I cant ride with that being in the back of my mind.

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just ran a hose so no matter where the sled was sitting there was some part of the hose was above oil level worked great and I rolled my sled lots

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would you be willing to give any specifics on the catch can setup? I have lost all faith in these solenoid valves over the past few weeks. they are froze up every single day I go out to ride, I cant ride with that being in the back of my mind.

That is exactly one of the problems i was explaining, they hang up or like you said freeze up. This is because of the condensation being produced in the line that collects at the solenoid valve. This turns the oil that tends to collect in the valve into a STICKY SLUDGE.
Since we have experienced these problems, i alway recommend if you have one of these roll over valve, to remove it and throw it away, they are GARBAGE and very poorly design. They will not protect your motor from damage but only you and the understanding on what to do and not to do will protect your motor.
The purpose of these valves was to prevent oil lost in a roll and nothing else, they serve zero purpose in motor protection......unfortunitly they dont work but instaed can cause motor damage by staying stuck.

I currently doing a rad delete on my Nytro, so the sled is all appart, when i'am done i will post pics on a propper hose and catch bottle layout.

judger101

Reaction score
That is exactly one of the problems i was explaining, they hang up or like you said freeze up. This is because of the condensation being produced in the line that collects at the solenoid valve. This turns the oil that tends to collect in the valve into a STICKY SLUDGE.
Since we have experienced these problems, i alway recommend if you have one of these roll over valve, to remove it and throw it away, they are GARBAGE and very poorly design. They will not protect your motor from damage but only you and the understanding on what to do and not to do will protect your motor.
The purpose of these valves was to prevent oil lost in a roll and nothing else, they serve zero purpose in motor protection......unfortunitly they dont work but instaed can cause motor damage by staying stuck.

I currently doing a rad delete on my Nytro, so the sled is all appart, when i'am done i will post pics on a propper hose and catch bottle layout.

thank you

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, the roll over valve is a patented idea and we will not be making one, My point was that when the relay of our Teth-Air is activated it can kill the motor, or what ever device you require. For the guy asking about the snow interfering, no, you need to really cover the transmitter or receiving antenna more than flying snow could ever do for a shutdown to take place.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
great info......I wont be getting a roll over valve now......I was thinking of making a coil of hose with a T on the bottom of every coil (when sitting right side up) to drain back to the oil tank.....thinking 2 maybe 3 coils .....I need to sit down and think a little more.......lol

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have been using the roll over valves from "Four stroke solutions" ... they have for Cat turbo and Yamahas... no issues ... i have had it on an apex and on my 4th 1100 turbo..... sled ..no issues...it is a combo kill and shuts off the oil flow.... and i know people who have seen me ride...know i have been inverted a few times...:):) i too would love it if it was airless... i always lose my caribiner ... but wouldn t go with out one... they are between 280.00-300.00 ish....

Terry

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pic's are not that great as i forgot about this thread and the fact i was going to put up pics of the catch can and hookup. But this is the best i can offer.
This is the catch container, i have it installed it behind my innercooler where the radiator generally would be(no radiator on this mach.)
The container holds approx. 500ml of oil and has 3 spigots. 2 are 5/8" and 1 is 1/4".
The 1/4" spigot can be seen just below my finger and is plumbed back to valve cover. One 5/8" spigot connects the OEM oil reservoir, which can be seen at the bottom of the container. While the other on oposit side of contianer vents to atmosphere down low in chassi.
DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

Here is a pic of the atmoshere spigot vent on oposit side of the container. A 5/8" hose hooks up to it and is routed down low into the chassi.
Hope these pics help.
DSC_0041-1.jpg

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Things to be aware and for FYI, the design of the OEM res. allows oil to escape only when the sled is layed on its right side. The resorvior baffling and piping layout inside will hold generally all the oil inside if layed on left side and upside down.
There is approx. 2 1/2 litres in the res.
With this catch contianer the layout is such that when the sled is layed on its right side the oil will flow into the contianer and flow back to engine via 1/4" hose to valve cover. The contianer is mounted in such a way that the oil also has to travel uphill when sled is layed on right side, thus slowing down the oil flow.
When uprighted the oil will automatically flow back to res.
If the sled sits for an extended amount of time on its side, oil could escape via atmosphere hose but a limited amount. The container holds about 500ml and the 1/4" connection between the container and valve cover will retain the majority.

Once the sled is uprighted allow time for the oil to return to sump and the system to bleed it self with a 3-4second startup and shut down till all warning lights go off.

Last thing is ALWAYS use a tether, never allow your Nytro to run upside down.

Last edited:

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have had 2 of the roll over valves fail,the are good to deal with & replaced them but dont use them anymore i run the alpine catch can & it works fine for me.

Coxy

Reaction score
Naw, sits fairly square on the deck. Last years barely bent anything up front either... Not mentioning oil pan/cooler, post/bars/riser etc lol

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well thats good but i'm very suprise cause it doesn't take much on the Nytro to bend the subframe and A-arms.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seeing as tanks sink lol hey Lundy

sent while I should be drinking tea's

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seeing as tanks sink lol hey Lundy

sent while I should be drinking tea's

To be honnest with you Tex, i "COULD OWN and RIDE" a Skidoo like you and many other's. But i rather enjoy the workout and the challenges that the Nytro gives, especially a CUSTOM built Nytro, not the typical cookie cutter. The skill set required to ride it "well" is enough to set a bar between experienced rider's and non experienced rider's that are riding easy to ride sled's. (not to put down Doos, cause i do like them, but its a fact)
The bonus for all that work is a never ending permagrin experienced only from a turboed 4stroke, something that you know nothing about.
Tanky in your book or not, there is a certain amount of pride that goes in a custom built sled....ya there is only ONE like it and i own it and i built it.
Till then, you just keep being a HERO with your cookie cutter EASY to ride Skidoo, like the majority.

BTW, i do plan on purchasing another new sled...Doo or Poo. One that's EASY to ride like all them other EASY to ride sled's, XM or PRO. Nope not for them real DEEP snow day's, that's reserved for a real deep snow sled, ie. custom Tnytro...but more for them low hero snow day's, you know the day's that all experts go out to play.

P.S. we will see you soon at our annual 2014 backcountry ride, looking forward to it. We almost have a full house this year again.

Last edited:

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA you tell him LUND …. put that in your pipe and smoke it you cookie cutter riding mofo … shat i hope i still have a place to stay when i come to sicamous

To be honnest with you Tex, i "COULD OWN and RIDE" a Skidoo like you and many other's. But i rather enjoy the workout and the challenges that the Nytro gives, especially a CUSTOM built Nytro, not the typical cookie cutter. The skill set required to ride it "well" is enough to set a bar between experienced rider's and non experienced rider's that are riding easy to ride sled's. (not to put down Doos, cause i do like them, but its a fact)
The bonus for all that work is a never ending permagrin experienced only from a turboed 4stroke, something that you know nothing about.
Tanky in your book or not, there is a certain amount of pride that goes in a custom built sled....ya there is only ONE like it and i own it and i built it.
Till then, you just keep being a HERO with your cookie cutter EASY to ride Skidoo, like the majority.

BTW, i do plan on purchasing another new sled...Doo or Poo. One that's EASY to ride like all them other EASY to ride sled's, XM or PRO. Nope not for them real DEEP snow day's, that's reserved for a real deep snow sled, ie. custom Tnytro...but more for them low hero snow day's, you know the day's that all experts go out to play.

P.S. we will see you soon at our annual 2014 backcountry ride, looking forward to it. We almost have a full house this year again.

Top Bottom