Rodent proofing a vehicle?

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I popped the hood on my 2012 Ram 3500 today to fill the washer fluid and found my hood insulation and a few of my wires chewed up. I know exactly who did it and Mr.Squirrel is gonna meet his maker:mad:. I park either on the street or driveway but aside from removing the squirrel (which I plan to do), can I put anything on or around my truck to deter any other potential pests? Luckily the wires were just for the power to my minimaxx and power running boards and it was barely through the insulation on the wires. I'm gonna go through the truck with a fine tooth comb and see if the little bastard tried to eat anything else.:rant:

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the main things I've heard is to make sure it's not parked on grass, gravel, pavement is much better, you did say that it's usually parked on pavement so that's good. The only thing I can think of is to block Off all possible ways in which would be pretty hard.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have your wife sit by the truck with a baseball bat.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem is when you park it the engine compartment is warm from the engine, squirrels get cold too ya know. That was happening to a guy i know in town a couple years ago. On a serious note though im not sure if it works on squirrels or not but in our cold storage machine shed we pour barn lime (just a feed ingredient for livestock) around the perimeter of our combine after we blow it off and park it for winter. A mouse WONT cross a line of barn lime. Then just for safety measures we place a couple trays of antifreeze inside the ring of lime just in case something rides in on the machine. We havent had any trouble. I understand you are parking outside and on pavement and dealing with a squirrel instead of a mouse.

Sent while not working too hard

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem is when you park it the engine compartment is warm from the engine, squirrels get cold too ya know. That was happening to a guy i know in town a couple years ago. On a serious note though im not sure if it works on squirrels or not but in our cold storage machine shed we pour barn lime (just a feed ingredient for livestock) around the perimeter of our combine after we blow it off and park it for winter. A mouse WONT cross a line of barn lime. Then just for safety measures we place a couple trays of antifreeze inside the ring of lime just in case something rides in on the machine. We havent had any trouble. I understand you are parking outside and on pavement and dealing with a squirrel instead of a mouse.

That's a good idea!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have your wife sit by the truck with a baseball bat.

seems to be a theme around here with someones wife!!!!

maybe do as arff does, call the wife a pussy and point her in the direction of the squirrel/mouse.

should be mouse free in 20 minutes

ps just don't get in her way,

have arff show ya his leg

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lmao you guys are killing me here. I plan on relocating the little bastard permanently 6 feet under. He's been a nuisance this whole year (ever been wrenching on something and getting frustrated only to have a squirrel losing its mind in the background? Yeah that'll test your patience) but when he starts chewing on my new truck, game over skippy...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lmao you guys are killing me here. I plan on relocating the little bastard permanently 6 feet under. He's been a nuisance this whole year (ever been wrenching on something and getting frustrated only to have a squirrel losing its mind in the background? Yeah that'll test your patience) but when he starts chewing on my new truck, game over skippy...

wait till he goes for the nutts!!!!!

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
images

images

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I can get Val over to patrol with the rzr. She will run skippy over for sure.....

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a screen of some sort across the inlet to your air filter. Packrat got in there last year on my Cummins and caused one hell of a mess!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Poor val.......she has taken alot of chit for that episode. Lol

She sure has and is still laughing about it...............:d
:beer:

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as she rubs her hands together, counting arffs donaro