Rode the Rev XP

Stifler

Reaction score
This past weekend BRP had the new Rev XP 800R at the Sask. Provincial Rally in Broadview. I got the chance to take it for a rip and that is exactually what it does. It was set up with a 121/1.25" track, so on the groomed trail it really launched, in the deep it still pulled but couldn`t put it to the ground. Their track lengths are going to be different sizes to what we are used to. One of the Summit set ups will be 145/2.25", with that set up it is gonna make you pay attention. It has a different feel to it again, but the Rev platform took a few ride to feel comfortable.
Also "Congratulations" to the Broadview Snow Busters for a good weekend of fun at the Provincial Rally.

triplethreat

Reaction score
rev xp

nice to hear the rally was great
the weather was just perfect for riding
i was not there but was out riding elsewhere and it was awesome
did they have any renagades to try out
i like my short track but would prefer a little bit longer
how was this sled for fuel mileage
how did it perform in the deep powder

Stifler

Reaction score
Hey Summitric. There wasn`t any Summits there ,just a MXZ. I ride an 04 800 Summit and in the deeper snow the Rev XP just couldn`t hookup the same,still impressive.
Catzuki, I hope you keep us informed on the Summit XP demo. I think we might see some changes yet on these 08 demos. I also ran into a fellow at the Rally that was riding an 07 800R Summit. He had some bad luck, engine went down and had some center paddles tear off the 144/2.25 track. BRP told him he would have to suck up track, it wasn`t their problem. He was a little long in the face.
Anyways, I`m looking at moving to a new sled so its interesting what you guys see and hear of these demo rides.

MoFoREVxp154

Reaction score
Ya...the Smut 154 is quite impressive. The only thing that stops it is rock face, the sky and the brake. Side hill..?..Tunnel at feet are 1' wider and 6" further ahead than the REV. Enough space and leverage to step on the back of the ski(if you can reach) to ride a straight vertical perfectly horazontal. Enough hammer to do a down hill carve into straight up the hill-and still have to feather the peddal so you dont trench and transfer it backwards. 40-60 Lbs lighter(depending on model) is like pulling a solid steel trailer v.s. a aluminum one. But still a pig when the track is full and you have to lift it 3 feet out of a hole:)---And it turns like it has AWS-so becareful when cranking into a corner:nono:

Top Bottom